[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - HDMI Not Working

HDMI Not Working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: HDMI Not Working

Postby frankje » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:07 pm

hello, when I plug the power on of my parallella, I get 2 steady green lights and one steady burning by the ethernet plug. On my samsung tv however I get no hdmi output..

grtz, Frank
frankje

Postby frankje » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 pm

frankje

Postby frankje » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:24 pm

frankje

Postby ajtravis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby dpavlin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm

dpavlin

Postby gceline » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby harper » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:25 am

Has this problem been solved for HDMI? It is 2 years later and I still can't HDMI working. I tried with different monitors. What is the solution?
harper

Postby daniel_dbb » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:11 am

Hi,
My problem with HDMI output is strange :)?
I have few monitors from different brands and with different cables:
- micro hdmi > dvi
- micro hdmi > hdmi > dvi
- micro hdmi > dp

i found out that there is no problem with cable.
Problem is definitely on the side of Parallella's micro hdmi output

I have tested different cables and cable-adapter combinations with different monitors and different sources (Parallella, Rpi, HD Tuner ...)
I found a that only with Parallella I never got same monitors to work (= no signal or display in sleep mode)

I checked Parallella's micro hdmi output and found out that only difference could be in Pin 2 (RES) ... left open without any signal.
If all other contacts at micro hdmi are connected well then Pin 2 (RES) is the only difference.

Note: Parallella booted and run correctly all the time. Problem with "no hdmi display" is present independent from turning on order of monitor and Parallella.
I hope this will help someone from authors to check basic schemas and let us know what to do.

Next to hdmi problem I have also problems with usb port. Sometimes keyboard is not recognized. Mostly Apple's alu usb one.
I noticed that always when Vcc falls bellow 4.82V usb remains dead. But problem with Apple's keyboard exists also when Vcc is 5V!
(I prefer Apple's alu usb keyboard because of built-in hub!)
daniel_dbb

Postby peteasa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:27 am

It works for me.. see https://github.com/peteasa/parallella/wiki. It could be a simple task now to bring this into the main stream now that I have created a patch set for the kernel and a working fpga. Also the forum has various posts about my efforts if you want more details (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3180 or https://parallella.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2599 or...)

Peter
peteasa

Postby AlanAltman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 am

I have the same HDMI display problem, but in reading the previous replies on this thread it's obvious that the number of folders and files on my SD card is too small. I only have 3 files and no folders. For example, there is no kernel file on the present AS card. So, what folders and what files within those folders are required and where can I download those files? Also,where do I find more detailed information on "Getting Started" than what is in the 5 step checklist? I.e. the hardware peripherals and download the Parallella image file on Adapteva. Obviously my SD card is not bootable is it presently exists. Need help now just to merely boot up.

Thanks.
AlanAltman

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting