[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - HDMI Not Working

HDMI Not Working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: HDMI Not Working

Postby MacTuxLin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:44 pm

MacTuxLin

Postby 9600 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Glad to hear you are now up and running :)
Andrew Back

Postby gceline » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:27 pm

If the system is booting, then it will get an IP address via DHCP and should be pingable - else there is a basic issue with the boot and it is not even getting started.
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby plus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Last edited by plus on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
plus

Postby aolofsson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:28 pm

The "offical" image is this one.

http://downloads.parallella.org/ubuntu/ ... sty/image/

Can you help out and tell me why you used the ubuntu-lxde-14.03.06-p16g1.img?

Seems like we may need to clean up some links...

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby plus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 am

plus

Postby pgater » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi,

I got my image from here : - ftp://ftp.parallella.org/sd_images

That link is still active.

I was blaming my HDMI problems on my monitor, but on reading the above have downloaded the current file :D . However while I have no problem downloading, unzipping and writing ubuntu-lxde-14.03.06-p16g1.img to the flash drive and getting the computer to boot and appear on the network, I cannot say the same for the official current image :? .

I have now downloaded the current image 4 times now and still do not get a bootable image on the flash drive :!: . I have rewritten ubuntu-lxde-14.03.06-p16g1.img to the flash card and the computer boots as I am writing this message :D

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit ultimate, winzip and win32 disk imager. The flash drive/card was supplied in the accessory kit I bought.

Could the current image be checked please?

Regards,

Paul
pgater

Postby m0n5t3r » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm

m0n5t3r

Postby m0n5t3r » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 pm

All righty, the plot thickens: I tested with my other monitor (also from the last decade) and a bunch of monitors at work (microHDMI-HDMI -> HDMI-DVI adapter), no luck; tried the big-ass TV in a conference room (it has 2 HDMI inputs), it worked.

The adapter is female HDMI to 24+1 DVI (unlike my other HDMI-DVI cable, this one has all of the DVI pins populated); is this the wrong adapter, or is the Parallella not outputting the right signals for DVI?

Edit: the adapter is fine, I just tested (PC -> HDMI cable -> HDMI-DVI adapter); so, it must be Parallella not providing the right signals somehow. The question is: is this fixable in the code / zynq bitstream, or am I out of luck? I assume the HDMI transmitter knows how to send what's needed, but maybe it's hardwired in a certain configuration, or it only implements part of the spec...
m0n5t3r

Postby rpflaum » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm

I have tried three different DVI monitors and not had luck with any of them. However I have been able to use 2 different HDMI input monitors and have not had any problems.
rpflaum

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting