mouse and keyboard not working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

mouse and keyboard not working

Postby paran » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello everyone,
I managed after 3 hours to burn image on sd card successfully. The parallella board boot successfully to a login screen. However, mouse and keyboard does not work. Using J7 jack does not power a mouse at all. However, J10 jack manages to power a mouse but there is no input from mouse or keyboard. Any suggestions.
paran

Re: mouse and keyboard not working

Postby paran » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Okay, I solved this problem.
Fortunately I have another brand mouse therefore I can say that Lexma mouse works on parallella board (7010-hdmi ubuntu 14.04). The one that does not work is logitech. I used mini keyboard (no particular brand)
When board powered up, I got a login screen with three users to choose from to login. I picked user Linaro and typed a password linaro.
Got into ubuntu desktop without problems.
Made some quick test and experienced the following.
1) Firefox crashes by blanking the the entire screen. Wait a bit longer and it will flash an error message window - pick quit.
2) synaptic package manager application does not start at all.
3) file manager seems to work fine.
I will post further results later.
paran

A WORKING BROWSER TO REPLACE FIREFOX

Postby paran » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi everyone,
The mouse lexma works only if you keep it moving just after powering it up and booting.

Great news:
I noticed that firefox went on fire or goes blank flashing. Therefore I decided to experiment with other browsers and I did the following (not sure if that update and upgrade was necessary)

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgreade
sudo apt-get install chromium it did not work
sudo apt-get install opera browser was not available
sudo apt--get install konqueror installed and tested it , it crashes like firefox
sudo apt-get install midori installed and tested it, it crashes like firefox
sudo apt-get install slimboat browser was not available
sudo apt-get install web browser was not available
sudo apt-get install qupzilla installed and tested it, it works because I am typing this message with it.

INSTALL QUPZILLA BROWSER TO REPLACE FIREFOX AS TEMPORARY SOLUTION IF YOU WANT TO. DO NOT RUN IT AT FULL SCREEN.

UBUNTU 14.04 7010-HDMI 16-CORE

Now I have to stop because today is hot 30 Celsius and plus outside and inside. Some other time.
I will keep you updated.
paran

Return to Troubleshooting