[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Creating the SD card problems

Creating the SD card problems

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Creating the SD card problems

Postby adeshpande » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I really do appreciate you for trying. Thanks a bunch.

But I checked the drive and it was correct, so I'm not really sure.

Thanks anyway though
adeshpande

Postby adeshpande » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm

I also downloaded Version 0.9 of Win32 (I was using 0.9.5 before) and that still didn't work. It is probably a problem with my computer.
adeshpande

Postby 9600 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:22 pm

As others have suggested I'd really try a different card reader. You can pick USB ones up for next to nothing. Pretty sure I've seen them in the UK for £1...

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby adeshpande » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks guys, I followed your advice and bought the USB card reader and it's currently working right now.

Thanks again.
adeshpande

Postby 9600 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Glad to hear you are now up and running :)
Andrew Back

Postby GrueMaster » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:41 am

Sorry for not replying on SF earlier. Yes, a lot of people have been reporting issues with built-in SD card readers. Unfortunately, I have not had time or hardware to debug this issue. It could be the SD card reader, it could also be my use of MinGW instead of VC++. I chose MinGW at the time as it was free (part of QT build environment), and I am a supporter of Open Source. I too am mainly a Linux developer, so this is doubly difficult for me to fix. While I hate telling people to just go buy a USB reader, they are fairly cheap these days ($3US on Amazon).

I will be looking into this and many other issues in the very near future. I have about a year of backlog to catch up on, and Windows 10 on the horizon. Keep an eye on our project page, 1.0 is coming (I just can't say when).

Tobin Davis - GrueMaster
Win32DiskImager Lead Developer
GrueMaster

Postby aolofsson » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Tobin,
Wow, awesome to see you post here!
Thanks for the insight! And thank you for your awesome work with Win32!!

Are you starting to work with Parallella?

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby GrueMaster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Ugh, completely lost track of this bug. Wanted to see if it was still an issue with v1.0 (released in March 2017). I think wat may have been happening (again, I can't easily verify) is that Windows may have been trying to read the SD during the write, just after the small FAT partition was available. With the new release, we now lock the entire device (took some research to figure that one out).

And, no, I am not working on Parallella, although it sounds like an interesting project. My main focus here is supporting everyone that uses Win32DiskImager.

Happy hacking!

Tobin
GrueMaster

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting