[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - New Shop boards

New Shop boards

Hardware related problems and workarounds

New Shop boards

Postby Cyberman.ff » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 am

I am interested in these (the first offered set I passed on because I didn't have time and let alone a need) my personel stuff aside.
I am slightly confused with the documentation, although it the documentation doesn't reflect this. I am a bit leary about how what documents go with what version etc.

I am always a planner so I like to have 'details' handy ahead of time. Is their a 3d step aegis or STL file of the board with heatsink mounted on it? It would make it a wee bit easier for cases air ducting too be done etc. (just a thought).

Just to be fair you folks have been doing a lot of work, I know this because I've been driven crazy with more details than I have time myself.

I'm really just hoping this is helpful (for both of us).

FYI please don't use micro USB type connectors for Eval boards like this. Mini B type with through hole tabs is the safest.. The Micro USB connectors are designed to be used with a significant amount of mechanical support, I suspect a case(I learned this all too well) and are easy to shear tear or rip off without even a thought, replacing them is nigh unto impossible as they damage the PCB easily and, or are too small for non automated assembly and or a reflow oven. I have a hot air station but ... I think I had to glue the darn thing back on with conductive epoxy and cyanoacrolite (good thing the eval board that used it was cheap to replace is all I can say). I don't see the advantage of using flimsy stuff like that for an eval board apart from making things slightly frustrating for "clumsy" engineers (ME hehehe).

I merely want verified in the offered documentation what the changes were so I can 'safely' know I got the right part and it will work exactly how the documentation for that part says it will.

I work in a regulated industry so .. part revisions errata etc are an every day thing too me too make sure I am not doing something I shouldn't.

Stephen
Cyberman.ff

Re: New Shop boards

Postby DangerousThing » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 am

I much prefer the Micro B to the Mini... Yes, I realize the lack of mechanical support, but I try to put them in very carefully. Maybe somebody will have an STL to print a case.
DangerousThing

Postby tnt » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

I prefer micro too. I think officially micro is rated for more insertion/removal cycles than mini. (5k vs 10k) and if you use a micro that has through hole for the shield pins (and still smd for the signals) then you have a pretty strong mechanical bond.
tnt

Postby Cyberman.ff » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Cyberman.ff

Postby 9600 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Andrew Back

Postby Cyberman.ff » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Cyberman.ff

Return to Troubleshooting