[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB workaround

USB workaround

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB workaround

Postby Frida » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:03 pm

I have here two pic. The first shows when I power up and missing the USB, and after reset it finds the USB.

The second shows the result after I placed the jumper. Both powered up, and after reset it shows that USB is there.

Both studies started by first putting power on and wait for the login screen, then press the reset.

Look at line 154.
Attachments
Skærmbillede01.png
Skærmbillede01.png (305.12 KiB) Viewed 32650 times
Skærmbillede02.png
Skærmbillede02.png (201.48 KiB) Viewed 32650 times
Frida

Postby FHuettig » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Thanks Frida, that's exactly what I see with some boards I have, just swapped from the way you have them (my pre-reset is your post-reset and v.v.).

If you are happy using your board with your mod then that's great, you've only given up the use of that LED for other purposes. If you don't want to give up the LED then you're welcome to apply for an RMA and you'll get a board that at least boots properly on power-up, though perhaps not on reset. Same goes for perles, Sean S and anyone else.
-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby Sean S » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:18 am

I tried this fix last night. It did not fix my issue. To be clear - I have never seen USB working on my board.

I would be keen to hear if this has worked for anyone else.

Thanks,
Sean
Sean S

Postby perles » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm traveling tomorrow once I'm back I'll try this fix in my board. I'll post here my results.
Last edited by perles on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perles

Postby Frida » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Attachments
Skærmbillede03.png
Skærmbillede03.png (100.01 KiB) Viewed 32612 times
Skærmbillede04.png
Skærmbillede04.png (117.37 KiB) Viewed 32612 times
Skærmbillede05.png
Skærmbillede05.png (39.27 KiB) Viewed 32612 times
Frida

Postby theover » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm glad people are working on the USB problem, Mine is a gamble at startup, a long usb cable helps the odds the interface gets recognized during startup, and a reset brings it on, but that may corrupt the card data.

I've never looked at it, but I suppose the starting up of the bigger chips and filling the various decoupling caps (up to a number of 100 uFs) costs the stepdown chips quite some startup surge, and there is no real power sequencing (except that could be done by one of the connectors), so it may be related to that , too.

T.
theover

Postby FHuettig » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:05 pm

@SeanS & @perles and anyone else who wants to try this, please be aware that for this to work you have to have a board with a flash image that turns on CR10 at boot time. If you only have one green LED when the board boots then this will not work, USB will be held in reset forever as will the Ethernet. The kickstarter boards did NOT have this feature, the 7010-based boards do have it as well as some recent boards and all boards going forward.

@Frida, I'll take a closer look and for a long time now I've wanted to snoop the ULPI with a logic analyzer so I'll try to do that too. Xilinx does intend this interface to be used the way we are using it, for example the Zedboard, plus those pins including STP should be pulled high until the pin-muxing has been sorted out and they become a real ULPI interface. However what you describe is very plausible.
FHuettig

Postby Sean S » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. CR10 never lights up on my board. I am using the latest image but I don't think it has an FPGA image that supports toggling the user led.

Can you please share your image if it supports the 7020.

Thanks,
Sean
Sean S

Postby Frida » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Mine is only 7010
Frida

Postby FHuettig » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 pm

FHuettig

PreviousNext