[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - J15 Jumper and USB Power Not Working

J15 Jumper and USB Power Not Working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

J15 Jumper and USB Power Not Working

Postby midnightconman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm

I recently purchased two orders of 18 core parallella boards, one order of 2 boards and one of 6 boards. I planned to connect these using a jumper for J15 and then powering two stacks of 4 boards each. I managed to get 7 of the 8 boards working, but the last board even after jumping shows infinite resistance between the negative and positive power pads. I also tried to power the board via a 2A micro USB cable and I wasn't able to get the power LED to light. I unfortunately do not have a barrel connector in 5V anywhere near 2A. I noticed that the barrel connector leg (when looking at the barrel connector head on) on the right side of the barrel shows a complete circuit with the negative power pad. I just purchased a barrel connector power supply and should have it Tuesday... but if that works I was planning to just drop a bead of solder between the right leg of the barrel connector and the positive power pad, what do you guys think? Can I have someone confirm that the right leg is the positive leg?

EDIT:

Looks like I posted this too soon, I found that you need to switch the power source jumper from the first position to the second to allow for USB powering... so I will try this and see if that does the trick for the USB power issue.
midnightconman

Re: J15 Jumper and USB Power Not Working

Postby aolofsson » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Hard to comment regarding "the right leg", not sure what that means. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks,
Andreas
aolofsson

Postby midnightconman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:25 pm

I tried powering the unit via a 2A USB connection as well, with the power source jumper in positions 1 and 2, and unfortunately the power led is not lighting. I will try the barrel connector when I receive it.
midnightconman

Postby midnightconman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Got the barrel connector power supply last night and tried to power the board, but no luck. Any ideas as to what I can try next, or is it possible this board is dead?
midnightconman

Postby FHuettig » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:26 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Return to Troubleshooting