[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella is not booting, only one led lights up

Parallella is not booting, only one led lights up

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Parallella is not booting, only one led lights up

Postby ejp62 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello,

Two months ago I was on family visit in the US, and seized the opportunity to order a parallella board.
Alas, neither while in the US, nor back in Europe I can get the board to boot....

The board is a SKU-P1601-01. It came in a small box that included the board,
a large heatsink, and a power supply. I attached the heat sink according to the description,
making sure it makes no shorts. By the way, U17 is not mounted on the board.

I have made many attempts to boot the board both with HDMI and headless;
bought an extra SD card to make sure the first one wasn´t at fault, etc.
Of course also read numerous posts, and even tried the no-tty setup.

Next step was to attach a TTY-to-USB cable. It so happens that Í have also a pipistrello,
so it was easy to program it to just forward the rx and tx to its on-board FT chip.
I even programmed the Spartan6 to look for any activity on the tty lines.
Nothing budged, just silence.

Then, I read this post:
And indeed, when power is applied, only one led lights up: the green power led.
The other one remains off, no matter what I do (hdmi, headless, no sd card, etc.)

Does this mean that my flash is dead? What should I do now?
Is there anything else that I can or should do to analyse the situation?

Many thanks in advance,

Evert
ejp62

Re: Parallella is not booting, only one led lights up

Postby gceline » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Please contact support@adapteva.com and we will help troubleshoot or process an RMA
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby bobblestiltskin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm

My board does also not appear to boot - I use a 5A power supply and see one green light. I get no hdmi output. I have tried to attach a known good serial cable, and see *no* output with the correct gtkterm settings - I have swapped the green and white serial cables too, this with and without an attached sdcard. I am at a loss as to where to look next. Any suggestions gratefully received!
bobblestiltskin

Postby bobblestiltskin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:49 pm

I got mine to work after buying a new power supply - http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/plug-in-p ... ly/7066502
bobblestiltskin

Return to Troubleshooting