[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Fail to boot or get the ip address

Fail to boot or get the ip address

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Fail to boot or get the ip address

Postby yunkpoon2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Dear all, I am the newer of parallella board since I bought a P1600 last week. However, I am failed to access the board even I keep searching the cause online. At least, I would like to know if the SD card prepared well.

Here is the video I take to describe my situation. plz feel free to take a look and leave a comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrfxJwB ... freload=10

Thank you ^^
yunkpoon2

Re: Fail to boot or get the ip address

Postby gceline » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Since you have the P1600, and the only port is the Ethernet, the only indication of booting is that the device requests and IP address. I assume you have tried the troubleshooting steps - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1162

Some people have had issues with the BOOT partition files for headless operation - try Fred's new devicetree from here - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1622&p=10037#p10037
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby yunkpoon2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Oh thanks. It is working right now. Here is another question I would like to ask. I know parallella has a coprocessor 'Epiphany'. Do I need to do sth special in order to execute my program on this coprocessor? I want to make parallella as a VPN server (using openssl and openvpn of course) which do serve 10 people. I want it run on this coprocessor. Thank you.
yunkpoon2

Postby gceline » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Best place to look is in the examples folder of this forum, there you will find examples of code using the epiphany. The Epiphany coprocessor manual and SDK details are also available on the parallella.org website and github
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby 9600 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Andrew Back

Return to Troubleshooting