[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Everythings was going fine until I shut down

Everythings was going fine until I shut down

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Everythings was going fine until I shut down

Postby Lou_Reed » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:37 pm

I had my parallella working and was updating and installing new files. I turned it off by simply pulling out the power
source.

Then one I tried a simple reboot command and it worked.

Then I tried the shutdown on the Ubuntu GUI and it did not come back up when I restarted
the computer. What happened? Everything was fine until I shutdown and then no subsequent boot up. What
is going wrong.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Re: Everythings was going fine until I shut down

Postby leon_heller » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:20 pm

You should shut down Linux before removing the power, otherwise file corruption can occur.
Leon Heller
G1HSM
leon_heller

Postby notzed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:29 am

notzed

Postby sebraa » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Do not blame ext4, but blame the SD card instead. Quite a lot of SD cards tend to report wrong states to the operating system, and file systems depending on those reports (write barriers) fail miserably. Cameras usually don't do advanced caching, so the SD vendors (or their clones) often get away with it. Some SD cards even tend to not rewrite the current flash erase block (some megabytes in size) when power is cut, destroying unrelated data from time to time.

Choose good SD cards, always shut down the system, and wait a few seconds before cutting power. Generally, for this kind of usage, SD cards are bad choices in the first place.
sebraa

Return to Troubleshooting