[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - No video green light

No video green light

Hardware related problems and workarounds

No video green light

Postby Lou_Reed » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:00 pm

I cannot get any video on my Parallella. I had to remake the micro-sd card after it failed when I shutdown Ubuntu.

I have a board that requires a fan. I got it in July of 2014. When it boots up now there are only two green lights and they do not flicker. I do not have Ethernet connected although I can connect it.

In the videos I have seen when the board is booted up there are three green lights. I have two. The green light next to the HDMI micro port does not light. That make me think there is no video going out.

This makes sense because there is no video on the monitor - only a message to check cable connection.

The cable is fine. I had it checked out.

How do I verify my suspicion?

Also how do I correct this if it can be corrected?

is there a temporary work around?

Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Re: No video green light

Postby 9600 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Can you try connecting Ethernet, and then after the board has been powered up for a few minutes log in to your router and check to see if it has leased a DHCP address to the board.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Lou_Reed » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:37 pm

I have found the problem. In creating the micro-sd card, I forgot to rename the boot file to parallella.bit.bin when I copied it to the micro-sd card boot directory.

When I did this the Parallella booted up correctly.

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Postby 9600 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Great, glad to hear you are now up and running!

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Return to Troubleshooting