[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Cusor freezes on login

Cusor freezes on login

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Cusor freezes on login

Postby Lou_Reed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:59 pm

I may have screwed myself. I read that the ideal resolution on a monitor for a Parallella is 1280x720. That specific
resolution is not available as a choice. I took 1280 x 800. Now 1280 x 800 gave a terrible monitor resolution. Also, when I reboot it to put it back to what is was before the mouse cursor froze after I logged in.

Now I am screwed.

I must login, but not by the GUI because if I do then the whole system : mouse and cursor, freezes.

So what is the way out of this?

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

What is the best resolution for the Parallella monitor and how do I put that resolution in?
Lou_Reed

Re: Cusor freezes on login

Postby 9600 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:13 pm

If you forced a different resolution by following the instructions on the wiki, I would suggest mounting the MicroSD card in another machine and editing the config.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Lou_Reed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:01 pm

I changed the screen resolution using the GUI after I logged on. Can I still change the resolution back to what it was using the method that you described?

I know nothing of a wiki instructions for doing this. All I did was access preferences and change the screenoption to 1280 x 800. It was one of the choices listed. I could not actually get to 1280 x 720 which was what I was after originally.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Postby 9600 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Sounds like the best option would be to for the linaro user.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Lou_Reed » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:38 pm

yes, but to do what you recommend in the post immediately above one has to log on. If I try to log on, I can type in my username and password and then the GUI and the cursor freezes.

How can I overcome that?

The only way that I know is to boot into level 3 (this is what I did for similar problems in Centos) this give you a command line. From there one can operate on parameters as long as they want, but only at the command line. Again, how do I
perform this tasks if I cannot even logon to the GUI?

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Postby 9600 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Andrew Back

Return to Troubleshooting