[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - HDMI electric discharge then the USB tranciever chip glowed

HDMI electric discharge then the USB tranciever chip glowed

Hardware related problems and workarounds

HDMI electric discharge then the USB tranciever chip glowed

Postby jim » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 pm

I have followed the instructions for burning the image Ubuntu-14 hdmi-header with Zynq-7020 for the first of my 4 nodes in a parallella-epiphany-III cluster (they are around a year old).

I'm running on European power (but the switching adaptor is rated to 240V so that shouldn't be a problem)

First I started the card with power from the switching adapter provided from the cluster kit and Ethernet cable directly to my computer.
SSH didn't seem to work but it allowed me to enter password for the user (but got permission denied)

Secondly I tried by connecting HDMI and keyboard, but it didn't start (I think only one of the LEDs where lit (I do not want to start it again and possibly destroy it more (or another node))

The third time a detached the HDMI cable and booted, after a while I tried to reconnect the HDMI cable ("it must have booted by now"),
I saw a electric discharge between the HDMI connection and connector (longer discharge then a electrostatic one, based on my limited experience) then the USB tranciever chip started glowing orange on a 1-2mm dot.

1. What did happen?
2. How can I make this not happen again?
3. Is the board recoverable with limited functionallity?
jim

Re: HDMI electric discharge then the USB tranciever chip glo

Postby 9600 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 am

Andrew Back

Return to Troubleshooting