[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Internet Sharing, ssh

Internet Sharing, ssh

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Internet Sharing, ssh

Postby rheiland » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:48 am

Slightly off-topic, but just curious if anyone has successfully used OSX Internet Sharing to connect/ssh (via ethernet) to a Parallella? It was straightforward when I did it with a RPi, but no such luck for the Parallella. [OSX Yosemite]

thanks,
rheiland

Re: Internet Sharing, ssh

Postby boeserbaer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi Randy,

I ran into some issues with internet sharing also. At this point I am running an Ubuntu 14.04 VM and using it to share the connection to the parallella. I believe that the OS X sharing worked after a reboot. Though to find the IP address of the parallel board though. I ended up looking at the IP address of the ethernet port on my mac, and pinging around.

One of these days I will write a small UDP broadcast responder so that the parallel can identify itself. Or more likely, find a package someone else wrote with this in mind.

Best Regards, Mike
boeserbaer

Postby 9600 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:30 am

Andrew Back

Postby rheiland » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks for the replies! After switching to my new uSD card with the new (2015) headless image (and discovering the forum post titled 'Parallella SSH Access' to see that I needed to ssh to 'parallella' and not 'linaro'), I was able to get in. Seeing this was the hopeful sign:
cat /private/var/db/dhcpd_leases
{
name=parallella
ip_address=192.168.2.2
hw_address=1,4:4f:8b:0:24:9d
identifier=1,4:4f:8b:0:24:9d
lease=0x55285ce2
}

Previously, I was trying to ssh into my old (2014) desktop image and never could.

thanks, Randy
rheiland

Return to Troubleshooting