[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - cannot run resin.io image

cannot run resin.io image

Hardware related problems and workarounds

cannot run resin.io image

Postby yildizabdullah » Wed May 27, 2015 7:51 am

I've downloaded the SD-Card image at [url]supercomputer.io[/url] for my Parallella board. After that, I power up my board, it gets an IP in LAN, however, I cannot SSH into it. When I scan network services, it seems there are no available service. Is there anyone who faces with this problem?
yildizabdullah

Re: cannot run resin.io image

Postby 9600 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:12 am

That's right, SSH is not enabled by design. It's just a minimal Yocto image that is set up for remote execution of jobs.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby yildizabdullah » Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 am

yildizabdullah

Postby yildizabdullah » Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am

Now it's up and running:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (28.09 KiB) Viewed 32252 times
yildizabdullah

Postby cliffsur » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:10 pm

I also am unable to get my board to boot and go online. I found the MAC address from if config using my original Parallella SD card, changed to the new SD card, then rebooted the Parallella and entered the MAC into the supercomputer.io website and asked it to search. I left it running in that mode for about 6 hours, but the MAC address was never found. Neither can I find an IP address.
Is there any way of checking that the SD burned image is correct? It seemed to go through the burn process ok and completed the write sequence.
Many thanks
Cliffsur
cliffsur

Postby yildizabdullah » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Can you verify that there is a link between Parallella and your router by looking at the status LEDs on Ethernet port of Parallella and the router?
yildizabdullah

Postby cliffsur » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:11 pm

The status light on the router port is flashing quite a lot, but the ones on the parallella board flash much less often, though it looks as though it is trying to communicate with something somewhere
cliffsur

Postby yildizabdullah » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Did you also check that your router assigns a local IP address to Parallella?
yildizabdullah

Postby cliffsur » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

The router assigns a local IP address only when the original parallella SD card is inserted. With the supercomputer.io downloaded image on an SD card, I am unable to see the Parallella board at all. I thought perhaps the downloaded image contained an IP address which would be broadcast when the board was booted up. It's beginning to look as though the image has not been correctly burned to the SD card, but everything looked to have been completed correctly. I shall go back and download the image again and follow the instructions to burn the image again, then try to get it on line.
Thank you for your patience.
cliffsur

Postby cliffsur » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 am

I started again from square one. Downloaded resin.io image again, formatted the SD card again and burned the SD card again. I used the Windows route this time to eliminate my Ubuntu workstation from the possible problem areas. I am delighted to confirm that my Parallella is now on line to the supercomputer project. I suspect the older machine I have loaded with XUbuntu has hardware problem with the port I used to burn the card.
Thanks for all the help. Cliffsur
cliffsur

Next

Return to Troubleshooting