[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - screen was not displayed

screen was not displayed

Hardware related problems and workarounds

screen was not displayed

Postby byhuang » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:00 am

Hi guys,

I am a newer to use parallella board (P1601).
I followed the instructions from the official website to create a bootable micro-SD card(http://www.parallella.org/create-sdcard/).
I downloaded the "ubuntu-14.04-hdmi-z7010-20140611.img.gz" with display version, and followed the steps which was using MAC air to build the bootable micro-SD.
Then I inserted the micro-SD, power adapter and a micro-HDMI to VGA cable with a VGA which was connected to screen into the P1601,
but the screen was not displayed and both of CR8 and CR10 lights were green.
So were the steps as previously said was failed to create a micro-SD with display or I made the mistake from the steps ?

Thanks.
byhuang

Re: screen was not displayed

Postby aolofsson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think there has been much success with hdmi converter dongles. (DVI or VGA).
Things may be different with updated ADI hdmi chip drivers, but for now we recommend using display with native HDMI port.
aolofsson

Postby byhuang » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:48 am

Thank you for your reply.
But I also used a microHDMI to HDMI adapter and connected the HDMI line to screen, the screen was still not displayed.
Or it might boot failed ? I tried two microSD cards.

Thanks.
byhuang

Postby sebraa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Which image did you write to the SD card?
Because not all images support HDMI output.

If the boot does not fail, the Parallella will try to get an IP address through DHCP on the Ethernet port. Check this first to see if your image is working at all.
sebraa

Postby byhuang » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:37 am

Hi,

I installed the image " ubuntu-14.04-hdmi-z7010-20140611.img.gz " using mac air from the Parallella official website.

The ip address was setting inside the image ? Then I could used another PCs to ssh in a local lan.

Although dhcp was a good method, the screen was not displayed and the dhcp ip address was still unknown.

Thanks.
byhuang

Postby sebraa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 am

sebraa

Postby byhuang » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:21 am

Hi

I tried to use the "ubuntu-14.04-headless-z7010-20150130.1.img.gz" and used a microhdmi-to-vga adapter to display the console mode, but it seems that it could not display.

So how could I solve this problem?

Board : p1601 desktop version
byhuang

Postby sebraa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:33 pm

The headless image does not support the HDMI output, so the display naturally will not show anything.
This test was more about to verify whether your Parallella actually works. Does it? If not, try the imge for z7020 to check.
sebraa

Postby byhuang » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Oh , I understand what you meant
But I don't know how to login the board without screen(and ip is dhcp)?
And how could I know the board is booted or not ?

Thank you :)
byhuang

Postby sebraa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:01 pm

sebraa

Next

Return to Troubleshooting