Error on Linux start up with FPGA

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Error on Linux start up with FPGA

Postby Roesslerk » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I have a problem with the booting of the card. It comes up to a line which says: "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel." and then stops. I am using putty and a serial cable to see the information. In looking back at the session, I see the following message: "Error: Timeout waiting for FPGA to config." I am not sure what to do next. I have tried both the headless and the HDMI versions and reburned the SD card many times. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ken R.
Roesslerk

Re: Error on Linux start up with FPGA

Postby aolofsson » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:26 pm

I have seen this error many times..and when I did, it was because:

1.) I forgot to do sync on my laptop before ejecting the sd card (after writing)
2.) I loaded the wrong image (7020 vs 7010)

I am not saying this is the problem but those are two common reasons to get that message.

Also, note that the serial output is disabled, so you need to enable (if you want a serial prompt). See the how to guide on the examples sub forum.

Andreas
aolofsson

Re: Error on Linux start up with FPGA

Postby Roesslerk » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Thank you!! I reflashed the SD with the HDMI 7010, shut down the USB port correctly on my PC; and on the second try, the system booted! I am now faced with a login screen which I think I can find my way through... :) Thank you again!

Ken R.
Roesslerk

Return to Troubleshooting