[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - [SOLVED] Did I fry my board?

[SOLVED] Did I fry my board?

Hardware related problems and workarounds

[SOLVED] Did I fry my board?

Postby wmat » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm the admin for elinux.org that hosts the parallella wiki content. Today, after using my parallella for a few years, I think I've fried it. In my stupidity, I plugged a 12V 1.5A wallwart into the board. It's an early, kickstarter Parallella (s/n 00000066) so I'm very partial to it.

I'm wondering if there's over voltage protection on the board? I haven't found mention of any in the docs. If not, is it possible to hard reset the board some how?

When I plug in a 5V power supply, CR8 illuminates, but the board is not registered on my Linux host as a USB device, and the fan on the board moves a little then stops.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I was just sent a PINE64 board and was asked to do some comparisons.

Similarly, if anyone isn't using their Parallella anymore and would like to donate it to the elinux.org site, that would be much appreciated. Or if the Adapteva folks would like to donate a board to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Bill
elinux.org
wmat

Re: Did I fry my board?

Postby nickoppen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:36 am

Hi Bill,

I attached a 12V supply to my Kickstarter board and it's been dead ever since.

I don't know if you've seen this article about wall warts (). If they are unregulated they could deliver a voltage significantly higher than what is written on the label.

nick
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby ArunD » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello...

After keeping aside my Parallella board for a long time I decided to power it on. And I inadvertently plugged in the 12V DC power supply that for the other devices, possibly only for a few seconds before I realized the error. Have I lost my board? Is there any way to recover at all? It's not a kickstarter board but one I purchased June 2015.
ArunD

Postby aolofsson » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Sorry...no way to recover from that.
Andreas
aolofsson

Return to Troubleshooting