[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Board crash and USB issues

Board crash and USB issues

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Board crash and USB issues

Postby e97 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 am

e97

Re: Board crash and USB issues

Postby e97 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 am

I think the board crash is a thermal related issue -- after leaving the board off for a period of time, ~15min. It booted and successfully completely apt-get update.

After leaving it alone for some time, the same thing happened and I checked the temp and it seemed pretty warm. I have the heatsink on but no fan running over it. It seems the new image uses more power for perhaps more performance and more thermal output?

At least that solves one problem.

I'm still unsure why no USB devices are detected -- has to be related to software/drivers in the Parabuntu image.. any ideas?
e97

Postby CocoaGeek » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:35 pm

I recently had the same thermal "issue" experience during a hackathon. After having the board powered (with all cores running infrequently) for over 7 hours the board just quit and I had to let it cool off 15 minutes.
CocoaGeek

Postby jar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:28 pm

As has been documented a number of times, you should have a fan blowing across the heatsink. A small fan will work. You can also void your warranty and disable the thermal daemon, if you want.
jar

Return to Troubleshooting