[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Re: Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Postby parapara » Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 pm

parapara

Postby frank_buss » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 am

I would like to have all IO pins as GPIO. But you can add the other functions as alternate functions. I don't know how full the FPGA is, but a simple mux shouldn't need much logic.

From Linux the infrastructure for pin muxing is already in the kernel:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/pinctrl.txt

The driver and FPGA backend for it should be simple, just a few registers to set the function of each pin, with GPIO as default. If there is not enough logic available to mux it to any pin, it should be at least possible to disable it and use the GPIO function for a pin. But if the FPGA has still some room, you could fill it up with as many SPI, CAN etc. modules as you want.
frank_buss

Postby yanidubin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am

Frank - I had the very same thought a few days back, and since you have also suggested it, I thought I would see if I could revive the discussion .

I think the lack of pinmuxing is a very unfortunate limitation of the Zynq, and one which could be quite effectively resolved.
yanidubin

Previous

Return to FPGA Design