Problems compiling parallella_7020_hdmi

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Problems compiling parallella_7020_hdmi

Postby jeschiefer » Sun May 25, 2014 7:56 am

I am very happy to get my board last Wednesday, and also to see the FPGA projects with HDMI show up shortly thereafter. Thank you!

I didn't have any trouble compiling parallella_7020_headless, so I must be doing something right. But when I try with parallella_7020_hdmi, I am running into trouble. PlanAhead says:

Code: Select all
[Edk 24-162] The device settings for system.xmp does not match with the current project. Please change the device settings in the current project to match with XMP project.

When I try to open system.xmp, Xilinx Platform Studio says:

WARNING:EDK:1687 - Invalid path specified for ModuleSearchPath in XMP file. Please make sure that the directory specified exists.
ERROR:EDK:4110 - IPNAME: axi_hdmi_tx_16b, INSTANCE: axi_hdmi_tx_16b_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore 'axi_hdmi_tx_16b_v1_00_a' in any of the repositories - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 359
ERROR:EDK:4110 - IPNAME: axi_hdmi_tx_16b, INSTANCE: axi_hdmi_tx_16b_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore 'axi_hdmi_tx_16b_v1_00_a' in any of the repositories - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 359
ERROR:EDK:4110 - IPNAME: axi_clkgen, INSTANCE: axi_clkgen_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore 'axi_clkgen_v1_00_a' in any of the repositories - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 380
ERROR:EDK:4110 - IPNAME: axi_spdif_tx, INSTANCE: axi_spdif_tx_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore 'axi_spdif_tx_v1_00_a' in any of the repositories - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 391
WARNING:EDK:4092 - IPNAME: clock_generator, INSTANCE: clock_generator_0 - Pre-Production version not verified on hardware for architecture 'zynq' - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 412
ERROR:EDK:4111 - IPNAME: axi_hdmi_tx_16b, INSTANCE: axi_hdmi_tx_16b_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 359
ERROR:EDK:4111 - IPNAME: axi_clkgen, INSTANCE: axi_clkgen_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 380
ERROR:EDK:4111 - IPNAME: axi_spdif_tx, INSTANCE: axi_spdif_tx_0 - cannot find MPD for the pcore - /home/jan/Projects/Parallela/parallella-hw/fpga/edk/parallella_7020_hdmi/system.mhs line 391
WARNING:EDK:3362 - Cannot open project due to errors.

Oh dear! Let's look at system.xmp. Line 6 is suspicious:
ModuleSearchPath: /mnt/windowsC/Adapteva/Parallella/temp/hw/fpga/externals/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_lib/edk/pcores/axi_hdmi_tx_16b_v1_00_a/../../../

You may have this path, but I sure don't. Nor the files that are probably in it. Can you fix this please?

Best regards,
Jan Schiefer
jeschiefer

Re: Problems compiling parallella_7020_hdmi

Postby jeschiefer » Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 am

Guess I can answer this myself: RTFM. As this fine thread http://forums.parallella.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1069 explains, one ought to read the Readme.md in the project directory (parallella-hw/fpga/projects/parallella_7020_hdmi/). It explains how to retrieve the missing dependencies and fix up the XPS file to keep all the tools happy.

Maybe somebody else will find this useful.
jeschiefer

Return to FPGA Design