[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - AXI Peripheral. Works in hdmi project but not in headless

AXI Peripheral. Works in hdmi project but not in headless

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Re: AXI Peripheral. Works in hdmi project but not in headles

Postby AndyC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Yani,

I just took your tutorial-baseproject and followed the steps, I get exactly the same problem with two axi busses being created.

It seems my Platform Studio is behaving differently to yours!
AndyC

Postby yanidubin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 am

Well, that is bizarre. I'm sorry, but I'm off to bed shortly - but I can redo it tomorrow to confirm I still get the same results.

Are you able to show me the resultant system.mhs, or a diff of that and the one in the Tutorial001 project?

Also, I'm not sure if it helps much, but you could use the code in the Tutorial001 project and side step the XPS hurdle for now - and you should at least get a working peripheral you can work with. I know it is frustrating not being able to do it yourself, and we'll get to the bottom of it.
yanidubin

Postby AndyC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am

ok, I deleted everything to do with axi_0 and set up axi_1 correctly, now the warnings are gone :)

So my guess is that my issues were being caused by having these two busses.

Now to see if it works.....
AndyC

Postby AndyC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 am

AndyC

Postby yanidubin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 am

I just redid the tutorial based on baseproject, and I still get success.

All I do is:
Open XPS, enable GP0
Run IPWiz for AXI4Lite
Add IP
Look on Bus Interfaces, and I have core and M_AXI_GP0 both on axi_interconnect_1

I don't know what else to suggest - except comparatively dissecting the system.mhs files from each.

I'm using WebPack14.7, Linux version 64-bit.

You definitely selected AXI4Lite? (you can use the [img] links to see exactly what I did with the wizard - I wanted to make these optional, as I personally don't like images in tutorials). Because AXI-Stream, for instance, generates two AXI instances, because it uses AXI4 and AXI4Lite concurrently. I cannot fathom a reason it would generate two interconnects otherwise. A bug?
yanidubin

Postby yanidubin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 am

Okay, good luck :)
yanidubin

Postby AndyC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 am

Hi,

Im on windows, I had serious problems trying to run the Xilinx stuff on Ubunto so gave up.

I do the exact steps as you do including using axi4lite and get two buses!

Good news though, deleting one of the buses gets rid of the warning and the bitstream works :)

Thanks very much for your help, now I know there should only be one bus.
AndyC

Postby yanidubin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 am

Ah good, glad you got it sorted.

I'll put a warning up about this tomorrow. I guess we'll wait and see if this may be a common issue with the Windows edition of the tool.
yanidubin

Postby AndyC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:34 am

AndyC

Postby yanidubin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:00 am

Okay, thanks for getting to the bottom of that - and apologies that the tutorial wasn't clear. Your testing of this is greatly appreciated.

I actually reversed those steps towards the end when I ran into the XPS issue I mentioned before. I guess I forgot to fix up the instructions/screenshots.

I will fix this up later today.
yanidubin

PreviousNext

Return to FPGA Design