[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Postby LamsonNguyen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:51 am

LamsonNguyen

Postby Veqtor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 am

Use it to make intelligent multirotor platforms
Veqtor

Postby v.konjkov » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm

1. I will use Parallella to run http://www.seventeenorbust.com/ client.
2. I will try to benchmarks NwChem (computational chemistry program) http://www.nwchem-sw.org/index.php/Benchmarks.
v.konjkov

Postby PixelPhobiac » Tue May 28, 2013 11:37 pm

I am a bioinformatics student and I am interested in making one of these babies sequence some DNA!
PixelPhobiac

Postby Gravis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 pm

so much to do! (after finishing my own parallel processing/XMOS board) i plan on making a...

- 100% accurate (proper irq handling) TG-16 emulator. (i can only get 200% speed for just the 7.14MHz cpu and VDC on my 3.4GHz machine when using libco and yes i know what a state machine is but i rather do this the right way)
- real-time stereo computer vision system for an autonomous vehicle
- more emulators!
- central processing system for a FTL "rainbow propulsion" drive.
Gravis

Postby ali8 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 pm

I will primarily do some GPS implementation on the Zynq, and will offload the FFT and other DSP intensive tasks to the Epiphany multi-core processor.
ali8

Postby Andreas » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I am interested in event based, agent based, concurrent, reactive coding.

Therefore i want to port ReactiveExtensions, RX++ (Ix++) for the board.

1. get the thing ported to standard linux
2. extend Rx++ with new schedulers to work with 64 cores

:-)
Andreas
Andreas

Postby rd6nl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi guys,

First of all i was reading this forum and i saw so much i really don't have a clue what it is about right now. I am an architectural designer and in search for a good solution to improve my render time with 3ds Max. Right now i am drawing on a Windows PC with an i7 and 12 GB of ram. This works quite well, but for rendering i sometimes use a cluster of different computers and still it will cost me to much time. When i was reading about the Parallella i really became very enthusiastic. My problem is my programming skills stop with html5 and css (often heared that it is not allowed to call that programming :oops: ). I see on this forum so many people that seem to know what they are talking about and so i was wandering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible to use the Parallella somehow as a distributed rendering system for 3ds Max. If so i probably buy immediately three of them when it is possible.

I have been checking into Ubuntu and there are programs like Wine that you could use to install Windows programs and maybe this method could be used for distributed rendering. I allready hear the uproar from all the developers like this is the worst method i probably could do it. But any suggestions?

Ps. I didn't dare to start a topic as a complete noob on this forum that is why i hide my post in here. Sorry if this is not the right method to ask.
rd6nl

Postby 9600 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Andrew Back

Postby LamsonNguyen » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:49 pm

I plan to make LatinSquares@Home as well other programs for various problems in recreational mathematics.
LamsonNguyen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion