[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - A meta-parallella layer for Yocto project.

A meta-parallella layer for Yocto project.

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: A meta-parallella layer for Yocto project.

Postby peteasa » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi,

As part of the yocto build I need to specify parameters about the epiphany chip as follows:

TARGET_OS TARGET_ARCH MACHINE, OSABI, ABIVERSION, Little Endian, 32bit?
"e-os" : { "epiphany": ( 4643, 0, 0, True, 32),

I got the machine number from epiphany-binutils but was not sure what to enter for the target os.. any thoughts about this would be welcome.

The code is at https://github.com/peteasa/poky.git in file poky/meta/classes/insane.bbclass and if you want to try out the yocto build clone https://github.com/peteasa/parallella-yoctobuild.git and then in the parallella-yoctobuild folder type source initgitsubmodules.sh and follow the instructions using bitbake hdmi-image to create a yocto distribution (ie point a web server at the appropriate folder and you can use apt-get or smart to update packages).

The epiphany-elf-gcc compiler now works :D - I proved it by building the epiphany libraries and running the hello world example application on the epiphany chip.

The next step is to create the yocto SDK that will allow epiphany development on the build machine using the yocto eclipse ide.

If you want a fully functional yocto environment with the sdk loaded from zip files you can always use bitbake core-image-epiphany that uses the layer from https://github.com/nathanrossi/meta-parallella.git and it should work.
peteasa

Postby peteasa » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Ok so I have not had any feedback on problems with my selection of:

TARGET_OS: "e-os"
TARGET_ARCH MACHINE "epiphany": 4643
OSABI: 0
ABIVERSION: 0
Little Endian: True
32bit?: 32

So I am in the process of submitting this to oe-core (openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org). Please provide feedback on this issue to the list against my patch request.
peteasa

Postby aolofsson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Sorry for the slow reply. This is awesome!!
Selection looks reasonable (but I am no Yocto expert so I can only comment as it relates to Epiphany).

Let me know what if anything that I or others can do to help.

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby peteasa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:39 pm

No problem about slow response!

The next step is to create the epiphany SDK within the Yocto build. This should be relatively straight forward because the Yocto environment and the Yocto SDK are now good so all the compilers necessary are created. I also have a couple of scripts (one for the target and the other for the Yocto SDK environment) that does this by hand. The latest versions of these scripts are on the working branch RefactorAndYoctoSDK that has now been updated. The work with the scripts showed me that I could patch the epiphany-libs build scripts quite easily, next step is to get a Yocto friendly Makefile to build the epiphany-libs.

I plan to install the libraries like libe-lib.a with the other epiphany-elf libraries (in /usr/lib/epiphany-elf/ at the moment). Thus the compiler will find all the libraries in the same place. It would be possible to link to some epiphany sdk location like /usr/epiphany/epiphany-sdk if necessary. It seems that all the epiphany examples require a central epiphany sdk location and that is a bit of a shame because it requires extra work to make the various build.sh scripts to work, I might just make one of the example Yocto friendly to help demonstrate how good it is just to develop in the SDK environment and then update from a distribution server!

If anyone wants to try out the version on the RefactorAndYoctoSDK branch and or give me feedback on my plans that would be welcome!
peteasa

Postby peteasa » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Ok so now the epiphany-sdk is created. I have merged the RefactorAndYoctoSDK branch into yoctobuild because it all seems to work.

I have had a bit of a break and have been using the environment!

I am now moving on to using kernel 3.19 and the new elink-redesign epiphany-libs. My working branch is elink-redesign.. so far it all seems to work using the Analog Devices Inc kernel branch 2015_R1.
peteasa

Postby peteasa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:05 pm

peteasa

Previous

Return to General Discussion