[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - got some problem with my board

got some problem with my board

Hardware related problems and workarounds

got some problem with my board

Postby tthtlc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 am

just followed the quick guide. flashed the ubuntu 14.04 image, and copied both the kernel and untar it, and then the paralella.bit.bin (z7020 version, headless one), and after that powerup (with and without 5V, just USB alone) and got nothing appearing in the USB host side (should it be /dev/ttyUSB0?)?

I don't have any micro-USB for HDMI so cannot have the HDMI based monitor. It is something wrong?
tthtlc

Re: got some problem with my board

Postby 9600 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53 am

Andrew Back

Postby ajtravis » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:37 am

Last edited by ajtravis on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby tthtlc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:59 pm

tthtlc

Postby 9600 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Glad to hear you are now and up and running :)
Andrew Back

Postby hbelabs » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 am

My parallella board has a few issues. Basically, its two ARM cores seem to work OK. But,

1) I could not get HDMI to work. I only could get the non-HDMI versions to boot. I set up ssh and use vnc no problem.
It does (see #2) come up with its two lights and network card lights, but requires several power cycles to get
it working (via the network).

2) I hooked up the serial connection and tried various terminal programs like screen, minicom, and gtkterm
to view the raw boot info. Quite often, I would have to try to cycle the power four of five times to bring it
to life. I only get unintelligible garbage on the terminal. I believe I hooked it up correctly, but obviously, I
am having trouble.

3) When I run any epiphany code in the linaro directory, it immediately freezes (network only?), but my configuration
(no meaningful serial connection and no HDMI) requires me to recycle the power to get it working again (to try
another program).

Again, the dual core ARM is working fine. I have converted (quite slowly) 150 TV shows using avconv - it doesn't
get too hot. I don't have a fan on it, it only has the big heat sink that came with it, and I am using the 5VDC power
supply that also came with it. I got it near the end of August right from Amazon.

Any help to make it get serial, HDMI, and epiphany working would make it much more useful. Please ask for any
relevant specs. Thank you.
--
Bob Jones
hbelabs

Postby ajtravis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Return to Troubleshooting