[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Install files using Windows Sequence

Install files using Windows Sequence

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Install files using Windows Sequence

Postby Lou_Reed » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:30 pm

I am trying go install the files on my micro-sd card. I am using Windows so that is the sequence in which I am operating.

I also know linux, but currently do not have a linux computer at home.

There seesm some discrepancy on these two methods.

The Windows instructions say to unzip the file <release-name>.img.gz.

Then use Win32 disk image to burn it into the micro-sd card. But is says nothing about putting that file into the BOOT directory which the linux install says to do.

It also says to drag and drop the uImage, devicetree.dtb and parallella*.bin files to the BOOT of the micro-sd device. I can do that, but where do the files uImage, devicetree.dtb come from? I did not download them. Also. I have to create the BOOT diectory?

The file parallella.bin is already named parallellla.bit.bin. So it does not have to be renamed.

Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Re: Install files using Windows Sequence

Postby 9600 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Andrew Back

Postby Len » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm

You need to change the kernel-hdmi-default.gz file to kernel-hdmi-default.tgz then when you extract the files, uImage and devicetree.dtb will be there and you can copy them to the boot folder. I had the same problem when I ran extract against the kernel-hdmi-default.gz file (it did not create the two files) and the answer is buried in the comments under the "Creating a Parallella SD card write up.
Last edited by Len on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Len

Postby blackbee045 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:37 am

It also says to drag and drop the uImage, devicetree.dtb and parallella*.bin files to the BOOT of the micro-sd device. I can do that, but where do the files uImage, devicetree.dtb come from? I did not download them.
blackbee045

Postby Claggy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Claggy

Return to Troubleshooting