[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Board only boots up successfully 1 out of 2 times

Board only boots up successfully 1 out of 2 times

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Board only boots up successfully 1 out of 2 times

Postby Pieter-Jan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello,

I'm running the headless ubuntu. My parallella is only booting up correctly (I can only find it on my network) 1 out of 2 times. Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do?
Pieter-Jan

Re: Board only boots up successfully 1 out of 2 times

Postby greytery » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi PJ,

Could be one of a couple of things, esp. power supply to the board.
You should check out the .
The UART cable is a very, very useful tool!!

Cheers
tery
greytery

Postby Pieter-Jan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:49 am

My power supply is 5V 2.2A so that should not be a problem.

The lights on the ethernet connector are always flickering green or orange so that's good too.

I have checked the files on the SD card a few times and don't see a problem here. Especially since the board is booting properly 50% of the time ...

I will see if I can do anything with the UART port but I have not used this interface before.
Pieter-Jan

Postby 9600 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Can you try this alternate devicetree configuration that Fred posted and let me know how you get on.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1622&p=10037#p10037

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Pieter-Jan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Hey guys,

The solution with the new devicetree worked! No idea what it did but everything works now. Board boots up every time ...

Would it be possible to make this the default devicetree for the headless version?
Pieter-Jan

Postby 9600 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Glad to hear this was resolved!

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Return to Troubleshooting