[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Epiphany IV

Parallella Epiphany IV

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Parallella Epiphany IV

Postby cardosojc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:54 pm

When will it be available to buy?
Regards
cardosojc

Re: Parallella Epiphany IV

Postby 9600 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:16 am

No date has been announced.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby gbonin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Hello,
I working for the French Aerospace Lab (ONERA) and I would be interested by your board with the Epiphany IV (64 cores) for multiple projects (Camera, Autopilot, Robotic, 2 axis gimbal controller, etc...)
When do you think it will be available in 2015 ?
And is it fully compatible with the 16 cores board version ?
Could you tell more about your Parallella version 2.0 ?
Thanks a lot
Best Regards.
gbonin

Postby jiapei100 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Same question...
When and where can I buy Epiphany IV?
The news came out 2 years ago....

Cheers
Pei
Welcome to Vision Open
jiapei100

Postby jiapei100 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Welcome to Vision Open
jiapei100

Postby jimmystone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 am

I am sorry, I do not find the Epiphany IV version on the RS website
Can anyone tell me where can I get a Epiphany IV?
Thanks.
jimmystone

Postby pmnow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:27 am

Hello,

Any updates about the 64Core version of the Board?- The response is too slow & disappointed...

BR/Nowshad
pmnow

Postby aolofsson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:01 pm

No firm timetable for production release of 64-core board. The Parallella-16 is already the leading SBC in terms of cost/power/performance efficiency in some application areas. Need ~$3M to make it happen and it's unclear that it would be a good ROI for us without more software in place.

Currently our focus is on building out the software needed to make the Parallella-16 much easier to use.
If you can't wait, then I suggest you pick one of the many fine SBCs on the market today. (jetson, odroid, etc, etc)

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby Sundance » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:15 pm

When we (Sundance Multiprocessor Technology - our company) became an "Early Access" Partner many years ago, I had hopes it would create a revolution and a shift towards "Low-Power, Scalable and Distributed Processing", like many other old 'Transputer Nutters' hopes for.

The limited amount of local memory for each DSP makes it very hard to use for many application. I would even say MOST "Real-life" application and I think that is why Epiphany has not landed on all door-steps, but found their way into the heart of 'dreamers', like us.

As it happens, then I have 10x Epiphany III on my desk that I smile to every day and I just do not want to let the 'dream' go away.

So, I buy two lottery tickets every week; one for my (currently empty) Pension-fund and the other I write "Epiphany V" on. I honestly think that "Epiphany IV" is just more of not quite enough as having 64x DSP Cores with not-enough memory is not worth $3millions of cash.

When I win, I will send you a cheque in the post, as the Epiphany DSP is still close to the perfect Multiprocessor concept and if you can make a Epiphany DSP with 16x DSP Cores, each having, say 256kb, of local memory, then software application would be much more likely to happen that can find 'Real-Life' solutions.

Keep drumming, plesae

Flemming
Flemming Christensen
Mobile: +44 7 850 911 417;
Email: Flemming.C@Sundance.com
Company Home Page:
Sundance

Postby piotr5 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:45 pm

piotr5

Next

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A