[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Camera Project

Camera Project

Camera Project

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 pm

hi
I am new in using parallella board
i have a project to realise: interfacing parallella with a 5MP camera and then exploiting video stream for Harris corner detector

What tools should i need to realise the camera implementation (software/hardware co programming, should i program FPGA or ARM and epiphany only)
What are the necessary steps to follow to realise the project

Please answer me, i need help and it's crucial for me
Nader_Jendoubi

Re: Camera Project

Postby 9600 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Whether you need to program the FPGA may depend on what interface your particular camera has.

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:49 pm

hi 9600

that means if i have for example a USB camera, i don't need to reprogram PFGA and if i have a camera interface connected to PEC_GPIO of my parallella i need to reprogram it

Another question please, if i reprogram FPGA and generate a BOOT.bin file, this file will replace the initial HDMI support parallella.bit.bin and will lose the HDMI linux output on my screen???

in this case should i reprogram HDMI interface and camera interfcae in the same time. Is it right??
Nader_Jendoubi

Postby 9600 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 am

Andrew Back

Postby Nader_Jendoubi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:10 am

Hi Andrew

As i said before , i have an important project to realise and i need you help
So, i wanna use an USB camera and i need to get the video stream for video processing (i wanna use the harris corner detector for this video stream)

How should i programm ARM cores and epiphany and what are the tools and libraries that i should use to realize the tasks

should i use for example open cv libraries
What the tasks the ARM cores and epiphany should do

Thanks Andrew
Nader_Jendoubi

Postby 9600 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Please see the and the to get started.
Andrew Back

Return to Image and Video Processing