[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - MPI with stdcl and without coprthr?

MPI with stdcl and without coprthr?

Moderator: dar

MPI with stdcl and without coprthr?

Postby nickoppen » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Is is possible to use the current MPI libraries (v1.6.x) with stdcl only without using coprthr?

I'm trying to get a performance test running and I always get JIT compiler errors when I run my test system even though the kernel is linked. The examples nbody_mpi and mpi_fft2d use coprthr and I'm wondering if that is a requirement.

nick
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Re: MPI with stdcl and without coprthr?

Postby jar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:46 am

I think it's probably possible, but not very easy. You could look at the compilation steps of clcc with cldebug and replicate the important parts of the compilation while still linking with the MPI library. I haven't tried this, though.
jar

Postby nickoppen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks JAR,

I'll give it a go. There's a lot of stuff in the cldebug output so I'll make up my mind pretty quickly to either pursue it or just bite the bullet and go with coprthr.

nick
nickoppen

Postby leonfg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:24 am

Hi, I read your ANN blogs and executed the nnP code. There is a question that I want to discuss.
I defined a 48,48,34 network and it worked well, the predict process will cost ~0.15s(forka executing time), but in ARM a same topology network based on opencv only need ~0.02s. I changed the cl code to make the "forwardPass" run 2 to 100 times in "k_forward", the forka time only increased ~0.005s*n. Is that means the forward predict process only cost ~0.005s in Epiphany, and the data movement cost most of the other time? If that is true, do you think there is any way to reduce the time cost?
leonfg

Postby nickoppen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:35 am

This is really a new discussion. I'm copying your post to a new thread.
nickoppen

Return to OpenCL