[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - RPi Camera bounty

RPi Camera bounty

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: RPi Camera bounty

Postby SRR9 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:59 am

Hello to everybody,

I am finishing my Degree studies (so I am novice in this) and I have been trying to connect the RPi camera to the Parallella board during some time. I followed all the steps in the parallella-flash repo and I generated the BOOT.bin and the env.bin files. But then, when I connected the serial cable in order to upgrade the QSPI flash and followed the steps provided in that repo, there must have been something wrong. Since this moment, the board seems not to boot completely and after power on it, if I connect a serial cable to my PC, I see the uboot prompt "zynq-uboot>", like if the board could not to read the boot partition of the SD card. So I think there is a problem on the boot image of the QSPI flash. Also, the CR10 LED lights up and as I have read this should not occur for the SKU version of my board.

I have a Kickstarter version of the Parallella board with the SKU A101040.

I hope someone has got the solution to my problem or knows if there is any site where I can obtain the right BOOT.bin and env.bin files for correctly upgrading the QSPI flash.

Thank you in advance,
Samuel.
SRR9

Postby olajep » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:59 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby zodane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Trenz Electronic have created a board based on xilinx Zynq : the "ZynqBerry"
The good thing is that it supports the RPi camera.
Maybe we can just use the same driver used in the Zynqberry
all files are here
zodane

Postby SRR9 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:53 am

Well, thank you. I finally got to complete all the procedure. But when I finally tried to capture stuff, I received the following:

[!] Unable to find sensor
[!] Invalid VDMA version
[!] Timeout waiting for frame

And while receiving this, the red LED of the Raspberry Pi Camera Board turns on. I have been looking for information about this, but the results have not been good. Could someone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.
Samuel.
SRR9

Postby sohoni » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:47 am

i'm trying to use the code provided for this project. In mipi_csi_top.vhd I understand that pins pad_data_n/pad_data_p connect to MIPI Data lane 0 N/MIPI Data lane 0 P/MIPI Data lane 1 N/MIPI Data lane 1 P and pad_clk_n/pad_clk_p connect to MIPI Clock N/MIPI Clock P. Can someone please tell me what pad_lpdet_n/pad_lpdet_p connect to on the pi camera? Maybe I am not understanding things correctly. Thx
sohoni

Postby sohoni » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:03 am

anyone??
sohoni

Postby mrfdsp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:19 pm

mrfdsp

Postby sebraa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Also, do note that USB on the Parallella is (or at least used to be) somewhat flaky. For some people, it worked flawless, while others never got a stable link.
sebraa

Postby Ahmad.Zaklouta » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi everyone,

What a great job!

I am doing a project that include interfacing Ri camera ov5647 to an FPGA and store the raw image. I read the datasheet for the sensor and the SCCB protocol documentation and this subject and know I am lost. I don't know from where should I start. I visited github for this project but I couldn't manage to find the description for the protocol or how to configure the sensor.

I would be so grateful for Any help or guidance.
Ahmad.Zaklouta

Postby wiegmink » Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 am

Hi all,

This is probably a very stupid question but I can't immediately find the answer. Our application uses the same mechanism as the RPi cam bounty (DMA from PL, memory reserved in DT, and transferred to the application using mmap). Right now I have a cache coherence problem. In the post dated June 30th in this thread tnt said: 1) Map the memory you use for DMA as uncached in the userspace process : This is what's done currently.

My question is: How is it done? Where did you make a modification in order to use that memory as uncached?

I put the question in this threat, bacause it refers to a discussion earlier in here. Maybe it should be put somewhere else.

Thanks.
Cheers,
Klaas
wiegmink

PreviousNext

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A