[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Ubuntu ESDK 2016.3.1 released

Parallella Ubuntu ESDK 2016.3.1 released

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Parallella Ubuntu ESDK 2016.3.1 released

Postby olajep » Thu May 12, 2016 9:52 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Re: Parallella Ubuntu ESDK 2016.3.1 released

Postby Olaf » Fri May 13, 2016 10:39 pm

And it solved my connection issue :-)
Olaf

Postby sebraa » Wed May 25, 2016 6:31 pm

The new release seems to fix most of my problems.

Since I need to rebuild the kernel to enable the UIO driver, I have noticed that the parallella_defconfig on github contains "XILINX_DEVCFG=y", which is invalid (produces a warning). It should be "CONFIG_XILINX_DEVCFG=y" instead. Also, parallella_defconfig enables support for many other platforms and related drivers, which increases the kernel size a bit.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the update!
sebraa

Postby DonQuichotte » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:05 pm

DonQuichotte

Postby DonQuichotte » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:09 am

DonQuichotte

Postby DonQuichotte » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:21 pm

DonQuichotte

Postby olajep » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 am

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby DonQuichotte » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:55 am

:D +1 Ola
Everything's all right O_O I'm impressed ; since I don't have internet during the week, since your scripts are well documented (+1 again), I could squeeze the done part (fetching) and build everything :)
Even gcc-explorer works, I can work in good conditions :D

Many thanks, Ola.
To be exhaustive, could you please update the doc ?
1/ the options -C -a -r x86_64 are obsolete or I did not understand something - it detects my x86_64 and compiles accordingly.
2/ for the existing Fedora esdk doc:
- compat-guile1.8 dependancy ; currently guile is 2.0 (since 2014 iirc), installing it won't include compat-guile1.8
- xzip dependancy does not exist ; my best guess is it existed a long time ago, with Fedora versions <= 11 (~ 2008) ; after this xz was adopted.
I've searched xzip quite a long time, but it was never required or even existing for current Fedora.
2015.1 and 2016.3.1 did build successfully without any xzip, I guess it is xz.

Have a nice day
DonQuichotte

Postby boeserbaer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:45 am

I am a little confused. I managed to cross-compile the kernel after setting up a ubuntu 15.10 install. This gave me:

Linux version 4.4.0+ (mikei@mikei-virtual-machine) (gcc version 5.2.1 20151010 (Ubuntu 5.2.1-22ubuntu1) ) #1 SMP Mon Aug 1 16:58:21 CEST 2016

I used the rootfs from the 2016.3 image by loopback mounting it and rsyncing to the sd card

gcc --version gives:
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.9.2-10ubuntu13) 4.9.2
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

So it appears that the kernel is built by gcc5.2.1 and the rootfs by gcc4.9.2.

Am I correct in assuming that as long as I compile my Kernel modules under the same GCC as the kernel, and that I keep the userspace at 4.9.2 all should be OK?

Also Kudo's for getting the console serial port working. Should I solder a pull-up to 3.3V on the rx line so that there are no spurious interrupts when I am not connected to my serial adapter?
boeserbaer

Postby sebraa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 pm

It doesn't matter if kernel and userspace have been built by different compilers, as long as the same compiler is used for kernel and kernel modules. In userspace, the library versions are more important (and, for C++, they are somewhat tightly coupled to the compiler). To play it safe, don't cross-compile the applications.
sebraa

Return to Linux/U-Boot