[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - u30

u30

Hardware related problems and workarounds

u30

Postby Salloy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 pm

How hot should the chip at u30 be getting. I'm setting up my board and the chip at u30 seams to be getting really really hot. also none of the LEDs are lighting up anymore after i found that it was getting hot. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Salloy

Re: u30

Postby olajep » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby Salloy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:35 pm

When I got this Board I look up major problems and saw that the Power supply was one of the biggest problems. This being said I made sure that I only used the power supply provided with the board. I then went to the website to make sure that I got the correct OS and correctly install the included heatsink.I properly applied the heatsink and used a large house fan to help with the cooling. after finding that the board was having problems I looked up the schematics myself to investigate what was going on. and what I think is happening is the chip is getting power and as you said shorting out.
Salloy

Postby olajep » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Sorry about that. It does look like you may have a defective board. Please return (RMA) it to the place of purchase so that we can have it looked at. We can then ship you a new board or offer a refund.

// Ola
_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby Salloy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

There is the problem. The window to submit a return to Amazon closed a few days ago. so I'm not sure what to do now. I will contact Amazon and see if there is any way I can get this returned.
Salloy

Postby Salloy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Well, that was a bust. Is there anywhere I can order the chip and replace it my self. Amazon is keeping their hands off of this. I'll try to fix it my self. I have ordered and received another one.
Salloy

Postby olajep » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby Salloy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Well at this point what do i have to loose. Ill look at what i can find. I really would like to get 2 of them up and running. really not happy just calling it quits just yet. ;-)
Salloy

Return to Troubleshooting