[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Two Parallellas eLink cluster (interconnected)

Two Parallellas eLink cluster (interconnected)

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Two Parallellas eLink cluster (interconnected)

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am

claudio4parallella

Re: Two Parallellas eLink cluster (interconnected)

Postby jar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm

These are probably questions for Ola, directly.

Regarding #1, I can only suggest that it looks like the functionality was not needed in newer versions. Ola left comments to that effect:
https://github.com/adapteva/epiphany-li ... geLog#L561
jar

Postby claudio4parallella » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you very much jar for your reply.
I'm realizing that my questions were badly asked.

1. it seems that the nnew release doesn't need any more that address initialization.
Could anybody confirm that this value has nothing to do with my attempt?

2. any suggestion about how to change 32 to 36 as needed for the two elink interconnected parallellas ?
peteasa and others have written many things here in the far past but I have not been so smart to understing every step or repeat these steps with the last image and sdk relase

thank for any help, my best
claudio4parallella

Postby olajep » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby claudio4parallella » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

claudio4parallella

Postby claudio4parallella » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 am

It does work !
with esdk.2015.1
Now I'd like to port it to esdk.2016.1
claudio4parallella

Postby dejan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Where did you buy eLink (cables)?? I was looking for it everywhere! I have my old parallella kit (4 boards) and I would like to connect them using eLink, but have no idea where to buy the cables!??
dejan

Postby claudio4parallella » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 pm

@dejan

Have a look at this post, I've explained my eLink cluster project starting from BillOfMaterial and links where to find all the items.
All according to an experience that was documented years ago using 2014 ParaUbuntu Image.
You could help me trying to port the cluster to last ParaUbuntu image 2017.11 .... will you?

Well, about cables you have two alternatives:
1 - purchase the Parallella eLink cables here already done (18 Pounds plus shipment)

2 - purchase >40 flat cable (of 1mm, not standard 1.27mm) and the 40 pin female plugs. It's easy to press the flat cable to grip the contacts

Let me know about your progress, keep us in touch!
claudio4parallella

Postby dejan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I do not have the porcupine board... :(
dejan

Postby claudio4parallella » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm

without a Porcupine (http://www.digikey.com @ 35$), you need this DIY...
Attachments
eLink.png
eLink.png (280.99 KiB) Viewed 53886 times
claudio4parallella

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A