[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Poll: USB not working

Poll: USB not working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Are you unable to get USB working?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 24

Re: Poll: USB not working

Postby Morgaine » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Last edited by Morgaine on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
Morgaine

Postby ajtravis » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby shodruk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby ajtravis » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:05 pm

ajtravis

Postby rcwParallella » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Using RS supplied PSU with RS supplied board bought 21 Oct 14. No USB (ie lsusb finds usb not initialised) with various hubs and cables. Then suddenly after 24 hours of playing it works! Mouse, kbd, SSD USB disk all running fine with an old powered hub and a brand new Maplin micro-USB to USB-A cable. Was going to try the reset button while powered next but its tricky with the big heat sink fitted. I should have drilled a hole thru it before fitting.

Checked micro USB joints on the board with a USB scope and they looked fine.

Fingers crossed for the power-up tomorrow. And the next day ;)
rcwParallella

Postby lanscene » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 am

My usb port doesn't work, too.
I use Digilent official PSU which comes with ZYBO, 2.5A 5V, so, I think it's not the matter about PSU.
And I have tried several OTG cable, USB hub, KB & mouse, etc.
Only 2-3 times I can use the mouse and KB, the successful rate is less than 1% I think.
It's weird that even when KB doesn't work, I can use lsusb to list the USB devices, which including the KB, the kernel can recognize the USB KB. But it doesn't work.
lanscene

Postby ajtravis » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am

ajtravis

Postby marcofranchimoretti » Mon May 14, 2018 1:21 am

Welcome to all, I want to add another testimony. Buy Parallels Desktop P1601 with the USB problem. I try to use most of the USB "trick". USB HUB, Hamlet, TUCANO, Mcally, Xtreme. With the power supply or anything. Negative. Use the Power in the USB power supply 2.4 a Max, or a specific power connector. last used very long cable without resulting. I hope someone have good idea. Thanks you for all.
marcofranchimoretti

Postby ajtravis » Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 am

The question here is confusing: Are you UNable to get USB working Yes/No, where No means USB works
It would be clearer to ask: Are you able to get USB working Yes/No, where No means USB doesn't work

The Achilles heel of Parallella, and a significant reason for its lack of popularity in comparison to the Raspberry Pi, is the USB not working properly.

I don't have the technical ability, or diagnostic kit to work out why, but Parallella would be a LOT more popular if the USB PHY would initialise reliably.

Is anyone who can and has the kit interested to find out why?

Thanks,

Tony.
ajtravis

Postby marcofranchimoretti » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Welcome, USB does not work. I'm investigating, and I run tests. I think the problem is hardware question. I will other testing and post all with photo, i think this help all.
Happy Working.
marcofranchimoretti

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting