[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB workaround

USB workaround

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB workaround

Postby ajtravis » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 am

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

my ssh is not working

Postby anuginureni » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 am

My ssh into parallella board was not working. so i did a reset of the board and now both ping which was working earlier is also not working
Please help
anuginureni

Re: my ssh is not working

Postby ajtravis » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 am

ajtravis

Postby theover » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Before this project gets demoted to the museum hall where failed machines go, I recall my suggestion works, maybe I'll try and Youtube it for fun, but for people who for some reason need Usb, the way I recall it I can start up, shutdown until the card has been unmounted (to prevent data corrupton), and then hit the reset button. System comes back up and always with USB working.

It might be possible to automate this, though I've looked for a way to get a signal after the unmount portion of shutdown, but that's hard to do for me thus far. If you'd be in the RO portion of the system filesystem mount shutdown program, you could use a user IO to apply the reset, and maybe require a bit of external storage to remember you are then in the second boot. I have another bit of storage on my 7010 setup to remember my debounced supply status (on or off to the powerFET feeding through the supplied 3 Amp supply unit to the boards power pin), which could also be driven by a userIO to be applied after full shutdown has taken effect. That prevents card data loss in every decent system use event: debounced (one step of voltage coming up) power up, decent restart to get Usb reliably to work, and proper all-shutdown with automated power off.

It would somehow still be a shitty system...
theover

Postby ajtravis » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:08 pm

ajtravis

Postby theover » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi Tony,
Well I was being a little optimistic, I did indeed get the Usb to work in with a controlled reset after shutdown, but it wasn't every time when I count the time using the short adapter wire with only a USB3 stick on it. Because it worked only with longer cables. And I recalled what I hated: working with the FPGA lets me to use the non-HDMI OS, and then it doesn't recognize USB drives. And it recognizes a USB ADC/DAC, *BUT* nothing works with Alsa, because Linaro doesn't put CPU frequency info in the /proc files.

My vidado project was made as a descendant of Kirrils example, and upgraded fine, but if that gives all the possibly hidden boot design files I don't know.

Theo.
theover

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting