[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Boot Files

Boot Files

A forum for documenting the Parallella and Epiphany . (Not Q&A!)

Boot Files

Postby jmorrissey3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 pm

My SD Card is corrupted and I need to recreate it. As the FTP site for parallella.org is not working anymore, does anybody have a site that has the files I need to put in the BOOT partition? I will be using an HDMI version, as i have the 7020 zync chip from the kickstarter series. I have spent hours doing searches here and across the web, trying to find those files. I appreciate any help you can give me.
jmorrissey3

Re: Boot Files

Postby SKyd3R » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:51 am

Did you try the with Parabuntu?
SKyd3R

Postby jmorrissey3 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes...it did not create the BOOT partition, or provide the files that go in that partition.
jmorrissey3

Postby jmorrissey3 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 pm

It's working now...I found an older parabuntu from 2016 that I was able to write correctly...thanks!
jmorrissey3

Postby ajtravis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby claudio4parallella » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi there!
Still alive!

Me too I'm working / playing with my 4 parallella eLink cluster and I'd like to share projects & experience.

Nice to read that there is somebody else still with Parallella.

Have I well understood ? Is there a newer version of Parabuntu higher than 2016.11.1?

I cannot work with the eLink cluster without using the old pubuntu-14.04-esdk2015.1-20150130: no way to make the 4 epiphany working in cluster usning eLink with the last version. So my cluster is headless.

My desire is to have the MAster Parallella in my cluster with HDMI output to show complex graph that the 64cores has quickly prepared.

So may I hope in some further steps using eLink + Epiphany Cluster + HDMI + up to date Ubuntu?

Thanks for keeping in touch

My best, Claudio
claudio4parallella

Postby ajtravis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 pm

ajtravis

Postby claudio4parallella » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:45 am

Hi <<ajitravis>>,
thanks for your replay and for your work.
Let me check, please to fix a starting point:
- I'm interested and I'm working with the eLink Cluster of (4) parallella boards z7010, in the model of "interrupt_connected" example, described in the doc "Parallella Epiphany Cluster" by Aviv Burshtein, based on << pubuntu- 14.04-esdk.2015.1-20150130>>
- The same eLink cluster and example of "interrupts_connected" doesn't work at all with the last official release <<parabuntu-2016.11.1-hdmi-z7010.img>>
- The old << pubuntu- 14.04-esdk.2015.1-20150130>> doesn't have HDMI support, instead the last official <<parabuntu-2016.11.1-hdmi-z7010.img>> has HDMI support
- at present, the community is working on new release of parabuntu (2018.11.20 unofficial with eSDK2016.11) and eSDK (??)
- the img of the Unofficial Release <<Parabuntu 2018.11.20>>, parallella_e16_hdmi_gpiose_7010.img.gz, does work on my board
- at present Parabuntu 19 is under working as well as eSDK / Supercores (??)

Questions:
- Which test plan will be used to release the Parabuntu 19 and eSDK.2019.xx ? I mean all the original Adapteva test will be applied ?
- May we assume and add the issue about the cluster: the new eSDK.2019.xx should work according the "interrupts_connected" example as well as it worked with pubuntu- 14.04-esdk.2015.1-20150130 ?

Let me know if I can do anything, I could try to test the Parabuntu 19 img as it has been compiled by you or do something with eSDK.2019.xx.

Please take into consideration that I've ready my eLink Cluster of 4 z7010 boards to make some tests.

My project:
I'm working on a C application by which all the 3 slave boards of the cluster run at boot the "slave ready to work" task even if they are Headless.
The Master should be with HDMI and should be able to run anytime a task loading up to 64 different tasks for the 64 cores and receiving or visualize the results (graph)
State of art:
At present, according to a modified and extended version of the "interrupts_connected" example, I've to run anytime all the slave and the master, no way to put in stand by the slave task waiting for the Master upload and go. And it's well working as expected sharing input and outputs values among epiphany RAM and ARM's CPU RAM and synchronizing steps and results. My cores could work synchronized one step per time or anybody by its own.

Thanks a lot, keeping in touch and let me know what I can do.
My best, claudio4parallella
claudio4parallella

Postby ajtravis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:46 pm

ajtravis

Postby claudio4parallella » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:18 pm

claudio4parallella

Next

Return to Quick Start Guides , Documentation, Examples (Start Here!)