[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Example: Reducing run time by moving code to internal memory

Example: Reducing run time by moving code to internal memory

Moderator: Dr.BeauWebber

Example: Reducing run time by moving code to internal memory

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Dr.BeauWebber

Re: Example: Reducing run time by moving code to internal me

Postby timpart » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 am

You mentioned wanting to track down where a routine comes from. The linker e-ld has an option to print out which input file a symbol is in. Use -y or --symbol-trace followed by the symbol name (you may need a leading underscore on the name). Doesn't seem to pick up references from libraries though.

Alternatively the -M map option on the linker might give you a clue as ou could see what is close to that routine and there might be another name you recognise.

Tim
timpart

Postby ysapir » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm

"e-objdump -D" will list a disassembly of the binary image. Doing "e-objdump -D file.e | grep '>:'" is what I use to see objects placement.

Can you please explain what "matrix with shape : 10x9x8x7" means? Is it a 4-dimensional array?

In your exercise, do you yry to invert the matrix (i.e., find its reciprocal) or to transpose it?
ysapir

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks Tim,
Nice to know these things.

Done more searching and it turns out that aeabi_idivmod is relevant to the linux version of the gcc compilations, but not the e-gcc compilations.

it would be nice to profile the code generated by e-gcc, but when I compile with -pg I get :
/opt/adapteva/esdk/tools/e-gnu.arm7l/bin/../lib/gcc/epiphany-elf/4.7.0/../../../../epiphany-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lc_p
I have tried manually searching for a library libc_p.a or whatever and not found it.
Dr.BeauWebber

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Dr.BeauWebber

Postby ysapir » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Interesting. Everybody knows how to transpose a 2-D matrix. I can easily imagine how to transpose a 3-D array (rotate the cuboid around the principal diagonal - but even then, I think there are 2 options for the amount of rotation - 120 degrees and 240 degrees). I have hard time imagining how to transpose a 4-D one...
ysapir

Postby ysapir » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 pm

ysapir

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Dr.BeauWebber

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Dr.BeauWebber

Postby ysapir » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 am