[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Realtime Raytracing and Ambient Music Generator Demo

Realtime Raytracing and Ambient Music Generator Demo

Realtime Raytracing and Ambient Music Generator Demo

Postby shodruk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Just uploaded my new Parallella demo video and sourcecode. Enjoy! :D

http://youtu.be/RHTZ3CLOlqw

https://github.com/shodruky-rhyammer/blobubska
Shodruky
shodruk

Re: Realtime Raytracing and Ambient Music Generator Demo

Postby 9600 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Yet another extremely cool demo! Thanks, Shodruk! :)
Andrew Back

Postby ubii » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 pm

shodruk,

Another very cool demo, which once again, clearly demonstrates the performance gains made possible by leveraging the Epiphany co-processors.
ubii

Postby ysapir » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Oooh yeah!
ysapir

Postby aolofsson » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 am

Shodruky,
Awesome demo!!! I was especially pleased to see the source code. A ton of goodness in the code that will help other developers get the most out of the parallella platform.

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby shodruk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:44 am

Thank you all so much!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby aolofsson » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Am I the only one who didn't get the deeper meaning of the name? BLOBUBSKA??? :D
aolofsson

Postby 9600 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 am

Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 am

Don't ask me that! :lol: I don't know the meaning of the name either. Just an inspiration... ;)
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby greytery » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:02 pm

My particular niche tech-obsession is looking at how things scale. I am patiently waiting to get my hands on my E16's so that I can rerun shodruck's demo. I'm sure there are others who would try to tinker with it to squeeze even more juice out of the code, with tricks like ensuring code and data alignment, etc. Loads of fun to be had.

We now have two excellent early demos of what a E16 can do. So what would these demos look like running on an E64?

@Andreas: You now have shodruck's open source code, can you run these demos in your labs on an E64 board, over a longer range of active cores?
Dreaming of the E64, and looking at the 'near linearity' of the Mandelbrot demo on 1, 4, 16 cores, my guess is that we'd see quite a droop in the speed up graph as the workload is spread over the range up to 64 cores. That's inevitable (Amdahl seriality, etc), but the speed-up results should still be impressive.

Or call me crazy perhaps - if you haven't got the time - why not ship one of the E64 boards to Shodruck. I'm sure he'll make very good use of one. :)

tery
tery
greytery

Next

Return to Image and Video Processing