[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Board not bootin

Parallella Board not bootin

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Parallella Board not bootin

Postby jeff.seibert » Fri May 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Hello Graham,

I made sure to change the setting on every application that I used, but I will double check them again later tonight. What application were you using with your serial cable.

Thank you,

Jeff
jeff.seibert

Postby gceline » Fri May 02, 2014 6:22 pm

I use Putty and Teraterm
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby jeff.seibert » Fri May 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello,

So I've double checked everything again and I'm still getting the same results. I tried using both Putty and Teraterm. Using Putty gave me this:

Windows 7 64 bit.png
Windows 7 64 bit.png (273.69 KiB) Viewed 24043 times

and using Teraterm gave me this:

Windows 7 64 bit2.png
Windows 7 64 bit2.png (73.37 KiB) Viewed 24043 times

Were the speed and COM port the only default settings that you changed?

Thank you
jeff.seibert

Postby 9600 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Andrew Back

Postby jeff.seibert » Sat May 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello,

I've double checked the settings every time and those are the setting that I'm using. I either get those weird output or I get nothing at all. I have tested my board on my computer, my computers virtual machine, and a friends computer. All I can think of is that its either the board or my power supply. I can barrow a multimeter to check the output of my power supply, but where should I attach my connectors to do this.

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby kopiec » Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Most likely it is not enough current from your power suply.
specification requires 5v at 2A. as far as I understandy you are supplying 1 amp of current.

Cheers
K.
kopiec

Postby jeff.seibert » Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello,

Where I can I buy a power supply that has been proven to work.

Thank you
jeff.seibert

Postby timpart » Sun May 04, 2014 9:00 am

timpart

Postby jeff.seibert » Tue May 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Hello,

I just connected my board to a router to see if it could detect my board and it couldn't. I tested the cable on another computer and everything was detected. I'm not sure what else to do or try.

Thank you,
jeff.seibert

Postby gceline » Wed May 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Your board is not booting
1) if you connect the serial cable without the SD card, you should get the uBoot prompt - if you are not getting this and you are sure you have the serial cable working (it does not look like it to me) then the board is bad, or the PSU is bad.
2) If you see the uboot prompt and then nothing, the SD card image is not good.

I think your issue is power, we have seen no failures of tested boards, with the green LED on, not booting to at least the uboot prompt.
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting