[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Blinking green LED?

Blinking green LED?

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Blinking green LED?

Postby bszente » Sat May 24, 2014 9:58 pm

bszente

Postby vdasfbtg » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 am

I am also getting a blinking green LED with both power supply I received. I'll try to replace the capacitors.
Regards
-Valentín
vdasfbtg

Postby Bikeman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi!

Just a question but is it actually demonstrated that the capacitors themselves are the root course of the failures? Sure they are bulged in the defective units, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that there's something else wrong with those PSUs which causes perfectly normal capacitors to fail after some time....I really don't know whether I would feel comfortable running those PSUs even with replaced capacitors.

HB
Bikeman

Postby bszente » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:54 pm

bszente

Postby ARHILL999 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:13 am

After using the device headless I decided to try a blue tooth adapter on the USB port. When I tried to power it up I now get the dreaded blinking green led. As noted the power supply led also blinks. I have tried several other 3A power supplies and they all behave the same way. It puzzles me why there is no mention of what the blinking means. Someone noted the power is being reset. What is resetting it and under what conditions does this happen. I am comfortable in stating that my power sources are not the problem. I am going to clear the file systems logs and see if anything gets written. If I let it run, the FPGA gets hot but nothing seems to be running either through the Video or Internet.
ARHILL999

Postby bszente » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 am

bszente

Postby FHuettig » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby bszente » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 am

bszente

Postby mercimek » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:31 pm

@bszente: Hi, that’s true that the sometimes manufactures use the low quality capacitor batch and we can find it with oscilloscope but I am wondering is there any other way to test the capacitor especially with the multimeter?
mercimek

Postby svidgen » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:57 am

I've emailed support@adapteva.com several times regarding the PSU. (Someone mentioned sending replacements.) But, I haven't gotten any indication that my email was received.

What's going on?
svidgen

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting