[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella Wont Power On!!

Parallella Wont Power On!!

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Parallella Wont Power On!!

Postby carsenk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Hello!

I need some help guys! I recently got a Parallella board (16 core ephihany the zync 7010)

So I got it in the mail, didnt touch it until my power supply/micro-hdmi/micro-sd/usb hub/otg cable all came.

Today everything arrived! I carefully made sure to discharge myself and ground myself, then I proceeded to put together the Parallella with the Guexbox case, then I added the heartsink and then plugged everything in, then I go to plug the final and last step the power supply into it (A 5V 2amp Barrel Connector)......AND NOTHING...NO LIGHTS...NO POWER...NOTHING...

Did I receive a Dead on Arrival unit? Is there a switch somewhere that I am missing? Am I covered to get a new Parallella or what should I do? I tried unplugging all the other connectors and then plugging in the power and still nothing....

I do not have the money to just throw away $125 on my newly purchased Parallella! Someone please help me!
carsenk

Re: Parallella Wont Power On!!

Postby FoxT » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Maybe you just got a faulty power supply and there is no problem with the Parallella.
The first power adapter I bought for my Parallella was broken, which I could confirm with my wlan router that also uses 5V. Maybe you have some other device you could connect to the power supply to test it.
Additionaly make sure that the barrel connector is center positive. If not, your board could already have taken serious damage.
FoxT

Postby carsenk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:32 pm

carsenk

Postby FHuettig » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Attachments
Parallella-J14.jpg
J14
Parallella-J14.jpg (31.07 KiB) Viewed 15318 times
-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby carsenk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:50 pm

carsenk

Postby FHuettig » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby carsenk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm

So I found a small jumper block (off an old motherboard I had laying around)...Was able to put it on the parallella like the diagram above...So now it looks like ive got power! :) Green LED comes on and stays Solid with the power supply connected (USB hub/OTG cable seems to be working/powering a fan from usb)...

But now I am not able to see anything on the display (HDMI)...I had made an SD Card according to the setup guide (Ubuntu 14.04 Parallella with Zync 7010 GPIO/ FPGA with Win32 Disk Imager and then copied the files over)....but there is nothing at all displayed on my screen with the Parallella all plugged in, usb working, hdmi seems to be working and detected by my hdmi switch (turns off when I turn off the parallella like it should) but nothing is displayed on the actual monitor (I also tried a direct connection, just goes into power saving mode like nothing is connected) and the LED on the board stays solid green the entire time.

I do not have an ethernet router to plug into, only wireless..I do have a Panda Wifi adapter hooked up to the Parallella though...
carsenk

Postby carsenk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 am

Made another topic for the HDMI display not displaying anything: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1463

Consider this topic solved :)...It powers up...which is pretty useless in my case until I get the display working ^^^
carsenk

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A