[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - HDMI Not Working

HDMI Not Working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: HDMI Not Working

Postby MacTuxLin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Thank you Shodruky for the video. Yes, mine is not correct & will proceed with RMA.
MacTuxLin

Postby nutpoasa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:46 am

So, I ended up buying a new SD card and loading up the OS. It worked!! It looks like the SD card I received in the accessory kit was defective. Now its time to play! Thanks again for your support.
nutpoasa

Postby MacTuxLin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:51 am

MacTuxLin

Postby nutpoasa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:38 am

The uSD card came with the optional accessory kit I purchased. It does not come with the board purchase.
nutpoasa

Postby carsenk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Any updates on this? I am having the same issue of my display not working....

The SD card is brand new that I am using a 32GB microSD Sandisk Class 10....Nothing on the display via HDMI and no way of hooking up via Ethernet (Unless a bridged connection with another computer with Wifi would work possibly?)

Any idea?!?!??! I had made a topic in these boards as well with more details and pictures. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1463

This is a huge problem if Parallella's aren't displaying via HDMI, I recently received my Parallella and purchased all these accessories (Almost $100 in just cables/connectors)....Parallella should work $225 later and following all instructions to an absolute tee.

Someone please help! The SD Card is installed properly, I get a solid green LED, just nothing is displayed via HDMI....
carsenk

Postby MacTuxLin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:00 am

Managed to get my display working albeit a weird process after numerous mix-&-match of setting up.

Now, if your board behaves like mine as in when powering up, both the GREEN & ORANGE LED blinks together in sync & after a while, the GREEN LED becomes stable & the ORANGE blinks on its own? Then follow the procedure below:

1. Once you have completed preparing your uSD card, insert into board with both the display & board turned OFF
2. Power up your board but NOT your display
3. Wait till your GREEN LED becomes stable & your ORANGE LED blinks on its own
4. Turn ON your display.

Ps: Don't know why it seems to hang at this stage (keyboard not working either :? )
Attachments
DisplayWorkingButHang.jpg
DisplayWorkingButHang.jpg (215.9 KiB) Viewed 29812 times
MacTuxLin

Postby MacTuxLin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Finally, the only way to log into the Parallella desktop GUI is by SSH into the board from my Win 7 PC, launch TightServer, launch TightVNC on my PC to login..... I don't think this should be the way, isn't it? I really like to solve that problem that hangs on my board, please.

Thanks.
Attachments
SSHLaunchTightSvrLogin.png
SSHLaunchTightSvrLogin.png (29.57 KiB) Viewed 29798 times
MacTuxLin

Postby nutpoasa » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 pm

For those of you that have a new uSD card, here is a couple of things you might try: I noticed that my new uSD card was in NTFS format, so I reformatted it to FAT32. Also, make sure you make the rootfs bootable.

I was able to use a 64 GB uSD card with the bosrd.
nutpoasa

Postby 9600 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am

@MacTuxLin Not sure why your board is hanging at that stage in the boot and it's odd that you have to power it and the monitor up in a certain order for it to work. I'm wondering if editing the X server config to set a particular mode might help. ISTR that Shodruk has previously posted a how-to for doing this.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby ajtravis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting