[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Programs on one or many cores?

Programs on one or many cores?

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: Programs on one or many cores?

Postby 9600 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Andrew Back

Postby baseballguy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm sorry but I still don't understand what the problem is. I learned that the files with the tilde at the end are just backup files and can be deleted easily. The file (host.c) without the tilde has the modified number of cores (1) but when I run the mandelbrot program, the speed and graphics haven't changed at all.

Sorry, I'm new to Parallella and Linux in general. Thanks a bunch for helping me out.
baseballguy

Postby 9600 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 pm

After editing did you type:

$make clean
$make

So that the old binaries are deleted and new ones are build from your modified source?

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby baseballguy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:59 pm

No, I didn't do that. Thank you for the heads up.

Is there anything else I need to change besides the "rows" and "cols"?

Do I have to do anything with the epiphany.c file?
https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... epiphany.c
baseballguy

Postby 9600 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Andrew Back

Postby baseballguy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Alright, thanks so much for your help. I ended up having to edit 3 files (epiphany, host, and shared_data) and everything worked. :D

Thanks again. I appreciate it.
baseballguy

Previous

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A