[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Brand new parallella doesn't seem to boot

Brand new parallella doesn't seem to boot

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Brand new parallella doesn't seem to boot

Postby Puciek » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:32 pm

I've just got my parallella and followed the http://www.parallella.org/quick-start/ but there is a problem - when i've plugged it in it does flash pretty lights, Ethernet cable is flashing and so on but it doesn't lease address from my router via DHCP or gives any output via HDMI (screen yells "no signal" at me).
I tried the headless, followed the steps (and triple checked that I've followed them right) but still no dice. Then I've used the sd image from parallella ftp (ftp://ftp.parallella.org/sd_images I snagged it via torrent as ftp was painfully slow) and that also arrives at the same spot.

I am using 2A, 5V DC PSU as recommended.
Puciek

Re: Brand new parallella doesn't seem to boot

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:39 pm

I had the exact same problem when I got mine.

Basically it wasn't booting as I had messed up the creation of the SD card.

The hdmi and network are not available until it boots.

Do you have two green lights on the board on?

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

Postby Puciek » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:54 pm

That is correct - two green lights, one close to the ethernet cable and the other close to microusb. And I've created and recreated the sd card many many times, so not sure what to do differently, especially since partitions seem to be fine.
Puciek

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:22 pm

I suppose the best bet if you are sure that you have created it correctly is to try a different card?
AndyC

Postby Puciek » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Puciek

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Did you create the card with linux, windows or OSX?

I did mine with OSX first and that didn't work, then I did it on a linux box and it worked.
AndyC

Postby Puciek » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Puciek

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Mine seemed to have problems with the BOOT partition not the linux file system.

Don't worry even when you get it working this thing is nothing but pain.

Seems pretty half baked to me so far!
AndyC

Postby Puciek » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Puciek

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Wait till you start trying to build software for it! I am now at the end of my second day trying to get an eclipse setup running on it correctly or cross compiling to it from another linux box.

I had to use a 60mm fan on top of the large heatsink to get the temp down. Even driven by 5V this seems to do the trick.
AndyC

Next

Return to Troubleshooting