USB workaround

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB workaround

Postby ajtravis » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 am

Frida wrote:Congratulations 2 year and 1 day, and still no solution in sight.

Hi, Frida.

Well, I've bought more Parallela's and some Porcupine boards because Parallella is still a very interesting platform despite the USB issues!

Personally, I just use the serial port and NFS now - I've stopped investigating the USB problem because it's futile asking Adapteva to do anything about it.

I think the Parallella lost credibility as a more powerful alternative to the Raspberry Pi partly because of the USB problem but more likely because of Adapteva's denial that there is a USB problem at all: That's a bit NEGATIVE for many of us, of course, but not enough for me to abandon my interest in the Parallella :-)

The USB issue will ONLY be diagnosed by someone in the Parallella community because Adapteva don't regard it as a 'real' issue. Complaining about it will not solve the problem. As I've said many times before on this forum, Adapteva did WELL to bring Parallella to us at an affordable price. The USB issue is disappointing, but it is NOT a show stopper and you CAN use the serial port to control the Parallella directly, as I do. HOWEVER, I think it is RIDICULOUS that Adapteva deny there is a USB problem!

Bye,

Tony.
Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

my ssh is not working

Postby anuginureni » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 am

My ssh into parallella board was not working. so i did a reset of the board and now both ping which was working earlier is also not working
Please help
anuginureni

Re: my ssh is not working

Postby ajtravis » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 am

anuginureni wrote:My ssh into parallella board was not working. so i did a reset of the board and now both ping which was working earlier is also not working
Please help

Hi, anuginureni.

Connect a TTL-USB serial cable to the UART using the three pins next to the Ethernet connector:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-TTL-Serial-Cable-Raspberry/dp/B00DJUHGHI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1540371995&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+ttl+cable

You can use the Parallella serial console to debug problems with your Ethernet connection.

HTH,

Tony.
Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting