Xilinx ISE WebPACK Software for Parallella Platform

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Xilinx ISE WebPACK Software for Parallella Platform

Postby Sundance » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm

All,

Not many things in life is free, but the Xilinx Tools that will run the Parallella ARE... - see http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-t ... ebpack.htm

ISE® WebPACK™ design software is the industry´s only FREE, fully featured front-to-back FPGA design solution for Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7. ISE WebPACK is the ideal downloadable solution for FPGA and CPLD design offering HDL synthesis and simulation, implementation, device fitting, and JTAG programming. ISE WebPACK delivers a complete, front-to-back design flow providing instant access to the ISE features and functionality at no cost. Xilinx has created a solution that allows convenient productivity by providing a design solution that is always up to date with error-free downloading and single file installation.

And new in ISE Design Suite 14 – WebPACK now supports embedded processing design for the Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC family for the three smallest Zynq devices – the Z-7010, Z-7020, and Z-7030.
Flemming Christensen
Mobile: +44 7 850 911 417;
Email: Flemming.C@Sundance.com
Company Home Page: http://www.sundance.com
Sundance

Re: Xilinx ISE WebPACK Software for Parallella Platform

Postby hamster » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Just a helpful note. Due to a bug, the ISE 14.4 installer does not install the IP Generator cores if you select a WebPack install - when you go to generate an IP none are available.

The solution is to select "Full install", but then only install the free WebPack license...
hamster

Postby mrgs » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 am

Well, I am a newbie at the Xilinx ISE, but 'it seems' working for me. I obtained an 'personal' / free licence for webpack. I can reach all?! functions (simulation, analysis, synthesis, implementation, programming ... ) with this (installed on a GNU/Linux 64bit host via ISE installer). So, get Your 'free' bytes. Regards, Gabor
Attachments
Xilinx_WebPack_Licensing.png
Xilinx_WebPack_Licensing.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 22682 times
| OS4E : A preemptive, multiprocessing, microkernel based OS for Epiphany ARCH |
mrgs

Postby tnt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24 pm

He's talking about coregen.
tnt

Postby mrgs » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Oops. As I understand, he is talking about 'just' a license problem ;) . Sorry. I will check the 'coregen' function too. Regards, Gabor --- It should to in the package, based on the WebPACK leaflet. ---
| OS4E : A preemptive, multiprocessing, microkernel based OS for Epiphany ARCH |
mrgs

Postby hamster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, Coregen - Here is the official AR for the problem: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53695.htm

And a better problem description from the AR:

In the WebPACK tool install, the CORE Generator tool is not properly loading the available device families for the IP catalog. This prevents a device family from being loaded and causes all IP in the catalog to be listed as unavailable for the current device (greyed out).
hamster

Postby mrgs » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 am

Well, on my GNU/Linux 64 bit machine with full ISE installation the IP catalogue is reachable/usable. As I see 'at my level' coregen is working. Is this a 'windows' vs ISE issue?! Regards, Gabor
mrgs

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A