CGminer

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

CGminer

Postby adexmont » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi, i'm trying to give some job to do at my paralella so, because i made some bucks with bitcoin i was trying to make the lord rafa cgminer fork running on my 7020 parallella board.

I downloaded the tar.gz from github, i tryed to run autogen.sh with apparently success , configure and make looks done too, but when i try to build i get this error :
Code: Select all
sudo ./e-build.sh
Compiling Epiphany binary without asm routines
./e-build.sh: line 21: e-gcc: command not found
./e-build.sh: line 25: e-objcopy: command not found
done

i try to run cgminer (e-run.sh) and this is the other error:
./cgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libe-hal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(./e-run.sh
 [2014-07-27 13:55:28] Started cgminer 3.3.1                   
cgminer: e_init(): Program must be invoked with superuser privilege (sudo).
 [2014-07-27 13:55:28] All devices disabled, cannot mine!                   
linaro@linaro-nano:~/Downloads/cgminer/cgminer-master$ sudo ./e-run.sh
./cgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libe-hal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Looks like it need in some way a reference to the epiphany sdk that i try to install but i don't know where it was installed, how to check and so on.

can i have some hint or even better: if it looks like an already done work is there anyone that alredy had create a deb package?

Thanks
adexmont

Re: CGminer

Postby 9600 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:40 am

adexmont wrote:I downloaded the tar.gz from github, i tryed to run autogen.sh with apparently success , configure and make looks done too, but when i try to build i get this error :
sudo ./e-build.sh
Compiling Epiphany binary without asm routines
./e-build.sh: line 21: e-gcc: command not found
./e-build.sh: line 25: e-objcopy: command not found
done

If you have the Epiphany SDK installed it looks as though your environment is not set up. There should be scripts to do this in /opt/adapteva/esdk.

i try to run cgminer (e-run.sh) and this is the other error:
./cgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libe-hal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(./e-run.sh
 [2014-07-27 13:55:28] Started cgminer 3.3.1                   
cgminer: e_init(): Program must be invoked with superuser privilege (sudo).
 [2014-07-27 13:55:28] All devices disabled, cannot mine!                   
linaro@linaro-nano:~/Downloads/cgminer/cgminer-master$ sudo ./e-run.sh
./cgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libe-hal.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Looks like it need in some way a reference to the epiphany sdk that i try to install but i don't know where it was installed, how to check and so on.

The eSDK setup script will update LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that libe-hal.so can be found, but note also that at present apps which access the Epiphany must be run as root.

can i have some hint or even better: if it looks like an already done work is there anyone that alredy had create a deb package?

Not that I know of.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back (a.k.a. 9600 / carrierdetect)

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A